Avid Continues Innovation of Proven and Trusted Music Notation Solutions with Sibelius 7.5 Software
Company underscores commitment to helping composers create high-quality professional scores, quickly and easily
NAMM (Hall A, Booth #6400), Anaheim, CA, 23 January 2014 – Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced Sibelius® 7.5 software, continuing the development of the world’s best-selling music composition and notation software. For composers, arrangers, music publishers, students, and educators, Sibelius 7.5 provides even more ways to express, accelerate, and promote creativity than ever before.
“With Sibelius 7.5, composers can create professional scores more quickly and deliver higher quality, inspiring content,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. “Sibelius continues to provide the fastest, smartest, easiest way for professionals and students to write music for live performance, film and television, and media entertainment.”
Today’s composers are under relentless pressure to turn around completed scores faster than ever before, as the complexity of projects continues to rise and deadlines become ever tighter. Sibelius 7.5 provides innovative new features that accelerate workflows, allowing composers to focus on the creative process and produce more compelling scores, more efficiently.
New features in Sibelius 7.5 include:
- Accelerated navigation—The new Timeline window allows for a quick view of the entire structure of a score for faster editing and playback, no matter how large or complex the score; composers can jump immediately to any section by clicking on any bar in the timecode ruler or on any landmark
- More expressive playback—The fully redesigned Espressivo 2.0 feature delivers complete control over the customisation of the rhythmic feel of any individual part of the score, plus improved notation interpretation adds more expressive and realistic feel, and can be customised for swing rhythms
- Improved notation interpretation—Sibelius playback has been greatly enhanced, providing better interpretation of notation distinctions such as tempo markings, metric emphasis, grace notes, mordents, caesuras, and breath marks; composers can now hear every nuance of their score played back in realistic detail, without having to hire an expensive orchestra
- Easy collaboration and sharing—Sibelius 7.5 enables enhanced collaboration and distribution of compositions through innovative score sharing and social media features; scores can be shared through email, uploaded and published as sheet music on ScoreExchange.com, or shared as video or audio files on YouTube, Facebook, and SoundCloud
- Full Scorch app integration—Sibelius scores can be exported directly to Avid Scorch® on iPad for fully interactive playback, practice, performance, and publishing; Sibelius automatically optimises the score for iPad display, paying special consideration to page orientation, number of staves, margin sizes, and more
- Localised for Brazil and Russia—Sibelius 7.5 includes local language support for Russian and Brazilian Portuguese in addition to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese
Availability and Pricing
Sibelius 7.5 will be available worldwide in February 2014. Pricing will be as follows:
- Sibelius 7.5 (full version)—$599.95 USD, €486.56 exc. VAT, or £479.95 inc. VAT
- Sibelius 7 to 7.5 upgrade—$49.95 USD, €41.18 exc. VAT, or £39.95 inc. VAT
- Sibelius Legacy upgrade (v6 and earlier)—$149.95 USD, €116.81 exc. VAT, or £119.95 inc. VAT
- Sibelius competitive upgrade—$199.95 USD, €158.82 exc. VAT, £159.95 inc. VAT
- Sibelius trade-up from Sibelius First—$399.95 USD, €318.49 exc. VAT, £319.95 inc. VAT
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google ; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2014 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Interplay, and ISIS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Final ACA participation subject to change.