BJÖRN BORG AB INTERIM REPORT JANUARY – MARCH 2013
Björn Borg takes over Finland
JANUARY 1 – MARCH 31, 2013
- The Group’s net sales decreased by 6 percent to SEK 131.4 million (140.5). Excluding currency effects, sales decreased by 4 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 49.4 percent (48.0).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 9.2 million (14.6).
- Investments in Björn Borg Sport, China and England reduced operating profit by SEK 5.1 million (4.9).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 6.0 million (9.3).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.30 (0.44).
QUOTE FROM THE CEO
“In the first quarter 2013 we reported a decline in sales, partly as a result of continued weakness in our European retail markets. At the same time we still see a need to expand wisely for future growth. During the quarter we took an important step through the acquisition of the Finnish operations from the former distributor,” said CEO Arthur Engel.
For further information, please contact:
Arthur Engel, President and CEO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Magnus Teeling, CFO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Björn Borg is required to make public the information in this interim report in accordance with the Securities Market Act. The information was released for publication on May 17, 2013 at 7:30 am (CET).