BJÖRN BORG AB INTERIM REPORTJANUARY – JUNE 2013
Positive home market − weak Dutch market
APRIL 1 – JUNE 30, 2013
- The Group’s net sales increased by 2 percent to SEK 107.8 million (105.5). Excluding currency effects, sales increased by 5 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 50.1 percent (52.1).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 0.9 million (4.8).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 3.4 million (1.0).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.23 (0.10).
JANUARY 1 – JUNE 30, 2013
- The Group’s net sales decreased by 3 percent to SEK 239.2 million (246.0). Excluding currency effects, sales were unchanged.
- The gross profit margin was 49.7 percent (49.8).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 10.1 million (19.5).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 9.4 million (10.3).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.52 (0.55).
QUOTE FROM THE CEO
“We increased our sales during the quarter and noted positive development in our retail operations, both in Björn Borg stores and our e-commerce. The recently acquired operations in Finland contributed positively to the Group’s results, which at the same time were affected negatively by a retail climate in the Netherlands that remains weak. Regarding China, we are still evaluating various alternatives, where a discontinuation of operations in 2013 may be one possible outcome,” said CEO Arthur Engel.
For further information, please contact:
Arthur Engel, President and CEO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Magnus Teeling, CFO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Björn Borg is required to make public the information in this interim report in accordance with the Securities Market Act.
The information was released for publication on August 23, 2013 at 7:30 am (CET).
ABOUT THE BJÖRN BORG GROUP
The Group owns the Björn Borg trademark and its core business is underwear. It also offers sportswear and fragrances as well as footwear, luggage & bags and eyewear through licensees. Björn Borg products are sold in around thirty markets, of which Sweden and the Netherlands are the largest. The Björn Borg Group has operations at every level from branding to consumer sales in its own Björn Borg stores. Total sales of Björn Borg products in 2012 amounted to around SEK 1.6 billion, excluding VAT, at the consumer level. Group net sales amounted to SEK 551 million in 2012, with 139 employees. The Björn Borg share has been listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic in Stockholm since 2007.