Corel® WinDVD® Pro 11 Ushers in an Exciting New Era for Today’s Movie Fans
Latest release features advanced 3D and Blu-ray playback, a simplified user interface, expanded file format support, 2D to 3D conversion and improved battery life
Maidenhead, UK – September 28, 2011 – Corel today announced the release of the latest version of their leading Blu-ray™ and DVD player software, Corel® WinDVD® Pro 11. Designed for anyone who enjoys movies, WinDVD Pro 11 continues to deliver the best video-watching experience on the PC, whether you’re watching a Blu-ray 3D™ Hollywood blockbuster, an AVCHD™ video file or an HD home movie.
Optimized for the latest GPUs and CPUs from AMD, Intel®, and NVIDIA®, WinDVD Pro 11 delivers outstanding speed and performance, while supplying smooth feedback for an array of video formats, including Blu-ray 3D and AVCHD. The new release also features improved battery life, new 2D to 3D conversion tools, powerful surround sound settings and SD to HD upscaling capabilities.
WinDVD Pro 11 now includes a revamped user interface, featuring new right-click accessible settings and playback controls that only appear when hovered over. By removing unnecessary distractions and unwanted complexity, the new version of WinDVD Pro is a sleeker, more enjoyable environment for movie watchers who want to immerse themselves in the viewing experience.
WinDVD Pro 11 Key Features include
- Advanced 3D and Blu-ray playback technology: To ensure that you get the most out of your Blu-ray experience, WinDVD Pro 11 includes support for Blu-ray 3D, BD pop-up menus, BD-Live™, BD-J, and digital audio output and mixing for BD-ROM discs.
- Performance optimization: WinDVD Pro 11 is optimized for new CPUs and GPUs from NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD, which results in fast and fluid video playback. And for Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 laptop users, WinDVD offers power-saving technology that helps to ensure that the battery lasts the whole movie.
- Make 2D videos appear in 3D: Set WinDVD Pro 11 to automatically convert 2D movies to 3D. By analyzing the colour, position, and motion characteristics of 2D video, WinDVD Pro 11 can render the video in stereoscopic 3D with special compensations for vertical and horizontal stereoscopic vision. This feature supports 3D conversion for DVD-Video and both HD and SD video and because it leverages the GPU, CPU performance is not overly taxed.
- Uncluttered, intuitive interface: All the playback controls appear only when you hover over the viewing area. In addition, a convenient right-click menu provides quick access to additional audio settings and video navigation options, such as chapter, title, subtitle, caption, full screen, zoom, repeat, and shuffle.
- Playlists: Create custom playlists - add or remove files with a single click.
- TimeStretch: Modify playback speed without affecting stereo output or distorting the audio. TimeStretch is particularly useful when watching videos with a limited amount of available time, for example, during an airport layover.
- Extensive file format support: WinDVD Pro 11 supports an array of popular video file formats and containers, ensuring a crisp, vivid playback experience. Notable among the supported formats are DivX® for Windows 7, FLV, QuickTime®, Windows Media® (WMV), DVD-Video, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MKV, MP4, and 3GP.
“With the release of WinDVD Pro 11, we wanted to impress our users with outstanding quality and performance, and provide them with a more elegant and intuitive viewing experience, free of the unwanted clutter found in other playback solutions,” said Petter Nordwall, Director International Product Management for Corel. “With new features including upscaling and custom sound settings, and a revamped user interface, today’s movie lovers can take their viewing experience to a new level, one far beyond standard DVD or Blu-ray systems.”
New Pricing and Availability
With the growing popularity and rapidly decreasing cost of state-of-the-art 3D home entertainment systems, Corel has lowered the suggested retail price of WinDVD Pro 11 to R699.00 in order help bring the excitement of blockbuster 3D video into even more homes. Owners of WinDVD Pro 9, WinDVD 2010 or WinDVD Pro 2010 can upgrade to WinDVD Pro 11 for R479.00.
Corel WinDVD Pro 11 is available at leading retailers as well as an electronic software download (ESD) in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish. To download a free fully-functional trial version of WinDVD Pro 11 or for more information about the new version, please visit www.corel.com.
Media & Blogger Resources
For additional Corel WinDVD Pro 11 resources including reviewer's materials, images and videos, please visit the newsroom.
- Connect with Corel on Facebook at www.facebook.com/corel
- Follow Corel updates on Twitter at www.twitter.com/corelsoftware
- Read the latest Corel Blogs at www.corel.com/blog
Corel is one of the world's top software companies with more than 100 million active users in over 75 countries. We develop software that helps people express their ideas and share their stories in more exciting, creative and persuasive ways. Through the years, we've built a reputation for delivering innovative, trusted products that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for software innovation, design and value.
Our award winning product portfolio includes some of the world's most widely recognized and popular software brands, including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Digital Studio™, Corel® Painter™, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, Corel® PaintShop™ Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WinDVD®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office and WinZip®.
© 2011 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel balloon logo, the Corel logo, Corel DESIGNER, CorelDRAW, Digital Studio, PaintShop, Painter, VideoStudio, WordPerfect, WinDVD and WinZip are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in Canada and the United States. All other product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
Note to Press:
For more information about of Corel WinDVD Pro 11 or to speak to a member of the product team, please contact:
Tel: 44 (0) 1628 589 845