Competition hots up at biggest ever lunch! show
Sold out lunch! show returns to London on Thursday 24 September 2015
Twinings, Cawston Press, Tri-Star Packaging, Carrs Food, Manitowoc Foodservice, and Y3K, are just some of exhibitors competing for Innovation Challenge Awards at next week’s sold out lunch! show.
Returning to the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, on 24–25 September, the multi–award–winning trade event for the food–to–go sector, will also host the finals of the British Smoothie Championships (sponsored by Magrini) and the live heats of two Café Life Awards – the Café Sandwich Challenge (3 categories) and The Tetley Afternoon Tea Experience Challenge. Celebrity chef Aldo Zilli will be among the Café Life Award judges at the show.
Awards aside, lunch! 2015 will see 350 food-to-go suppliers – including food, drink, packaging, equipment and technology – vying for business across three floors of exhibition space.
The full exhibitor list is available to view at www.lunchshow.co.uk/exhibiting/exhibitor-list.
Working lunch! Keynote Theatre
Recent additions to the show’s Keynote line-up include:
- David Hindmarsh, head of people – retail at Greggs has joined The lunch! HR Panel, chaired by Jim Winship, director of The British Sandwich Association
- Sandy Gourlay, community and charity manager at Costa Coffee, and Eddie Holmes, MD of Chop’d, have joined the Sustainability in Food-To-Go Panel, chaired by Mark Lineham, managing director of The Sustainable Restaurant Association.
- Jeremy Clark, consultant for Onboard Hospitality is chairing The lunch! Travel Catering Panel – F&B To Go On The Go. He’ll be joined by Amy Fry, commercial manager at EnRoute International; Caroline Thompson, director of Gastro Culinary Innovation; and Nicky Webb, head of design and development at Rail Gourmet.
- Clare Benfield, editor of Café Culture Magazine is chairing of The lunch! State of Independents Panel.
Full timings and seminar summaries are available at www.lunchshow.co.uk/visiting/working-lunch-theatre and www.lunchshow.co.uk/visiting/menu-innovation-theatre.
Innovation Challenge Showcase & Awards 2015
The Innovation Challenge Showcase, located in the show’s new hall on the Upper Feature Level, is a popular show feature designed to promote the best new food-to-go innovations over the last twelve months.
Visiting buyers get their chance to decide the final shortlist by casting a vote for their favourite innovations on the show’s opening day. The products to secure the most votes before 4pm on 24 September (one per visitor) will then be invited to ‘pitch’ their new innovations live to a panel of industry judges at 12.15pm on the following day in the new Menu Innovation Theatre (also sponsored by Magrini), with the results to be announced at 2.45pm.
Innovation Challenge Award entries include:
- Beauty Vitamin – Beauty Vitamin
- Just Bee – Just Bee Drinks
- St Pierre 4 Brioche Burger Buns – Carrs Foods International
- Sparkling Apple and Rhubarb – Cawston Press
- Panvas – ELLER foodPackaging
- Go Coco Coconut Milk Shakes – Freedom Brands
- Nudie Snacks – Freedom Brands
- Jellysqueeze – Fruitypot Family
- ape Coconut Curls – Go2Grocery
- Zeo Pink – Go2Grocery
- Super Bites – Good4U
- Gusto Cola – Gusto Organic Ltd
- Tg Green Tea with Mandarin & Ginseng – Tg Green Teas
- Chaat – Gourmosa
- KIND Nuts & Spices bars – KIND Snacks
- Love Bone Broth – Love Taste Co
- Love Frappe – Love Taste Co
- Raspberry & Dark Choc Marshmallow Bar – Mallow & Marsh
- Merrychef eikon e2s – Manitowoc Foodservice UK
- Artisan Bread Kit (Gluten Free) – MannaVida
- Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Melt – Marimba World Chocolate
- Masons Baked Beans with Real Tomato – Masons Beans
- Kettle Original Popcorn Crisps – Metcalfe's skinny
- Say Cheese Popcorn Crisps – Metcalfe's skinny
- Sweet Chilli Popcorn Crisps – Metcalfe's skinny
- Gruffalo nom nom's – Mini nom nom's
- mmmLUNCH – mmmLUNCH
- Nana Nice Cream – Nana Nice Cream
- Nakd Salted Caramel Nibbles – Natural Balance Foods
- Nina bakery's Pita breads – Nina Bakery
- NIX&KIX – NIX&KIX
- Nom organic popcorn – Nom Foods
- PERK!ER Quinoa Bar – PERKIER Foods
- PERK!ER Sprouted Grain Oat Bar – PERKIER Foods
- Blanco Collection – Planglow
- Toasted Oat Crush – Pumpkin Tree
- Twinings Bollywood Chai Latte – Twinings
- MultiRAP – RAP
- Real Handful Fruit + Nut + Choc Mix – Real Handful
- Scott Farms Orange, Purple & White Sweet Potato Chips – Scott Farms Chip Company
- Cold Pressed Birch Water – Sibberi Birch Water
- TAPPED Organic Birch Water – TAPPED Organic Birch Water
- Almond Milk Dairy–Free Yoghurt – The Coconut Collaborative
- IceSpy Notion Lite – The IMC Group.
- Go Soup – Go Soup
- Organic, Gluten–Free Pizza – The White Rabbit Pizza Co.
- TreeVitalise Birch Waters – TreeVitalise Birch Water
- The Allergen Food Rotation Label – Tri–Star Packaging
- The Oval Eco Street Bowl – Tri–Star Packaging
- URBAN eat Beach Hut Sandwiches – URBAN eat
- XXL Pano Razor – WEBER Verpackungen
- Y3K Water Baked Cheesecake – Y3K LLC
- Yushoi Snapea rice sticks – Yushoi Snapea rice sticks
British Smoothie Championships 2015
Taking place at 1pm on Thursday 24 September, the popular live finals of the annual British Smoothie Championships has built an exciting reputation for keeping the lunch! audience firmly on the edge of their seats.
Open to all smoothie bars in the UK, contestants put their talents to the test as they move through live heats to earn a place in the grand final. Audience participation is a key ingredient of the judging process, and the competition is widely-recognised as an inspirational catalyst for new ideas for never-before-tasted smoothie recipes.
Defending champions Juicafe, plus past winners Crussh and ShakeTastic are among the contenders for 2015.
Over 6,500 key buyers and decision makers are set to attend lunch! 2015. For further information and to book a free trade pass to lunch! 2015, please visit www.lunchshow.co.uk and quote priority code PR1 (direct link: www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/Lunch.aspx?TrackingCode=PR1). Advance registration for trade visitors closes at 9am on Thursday 24 September (after which a £20 door charge may apply).
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Emma–Louise Jones, Head of PR
Editorial representatives of relevant trade and consumer media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes to lunch! via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note, additional details may be requested to verify journalistic activity and all press passes are issued at the management’s discretion.)
t: 44 (0)1273 645134
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Chris Brazier, Group Event Director
t: 44 (0)1273 645123 e: email@example.com
lunch! won Best Trade Show at the Exhibition News Awards in February 2014 (it was also shortlisted for Best Trade Show and Best Trade Show Marketing Campaign in 2015). lunch! won Best Marketing Campaign of the Year in 2012 and was named Best UK Trade Show Exhibition under 2,000sqm for two years running in 2010 and 2011 at the Association of Event Organisers’ Excellence Awards.
High res images are available on request:
Diversified Communications UK (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, Leamington Spa, and Nailsworth, Glos. In addition to lunch!, Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Casual Dining; Natural Food Show at Natural & Organic Products Europe; Natural and Organic Awards; Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden (co-located with Natural Products Scandinavia); camexpo; Natural Products magazine; Natural Beauty Yearbook; office*; GEO Business; Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); OceanBuzz; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; SITS – The IT Service Management Show; ServiceDesk360; Euro Bus Expo; Coach and Bus Live; British Tourism & Travel Show – Best of Britain & Ireland; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; National Coach Tourism Awards; RouteONE magazine; CDC News; miniPLUS; CDC Coach Tourism Yearbook; and Coach Monthly. For more information, visit: divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face–to–face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.