lunch! 2015 opens this week!
lunch!, the multi-award winning trade event for the food-to-go sector, returns to the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, this week at 10am on Thursday 24 September.
Over 6,000 attendees are expected to visit lunch! over 24-25 September, including key buyers and decision makers from many of the UK’s biggest food-to-go operators, food retailers, and contract caterers, plus thousands of independent and multiple cafés, coffee houses and sandwich shops.
Well-known brands such as Pret, EAT., Costa, Greggs, Starbucks, Boots, Tesco, Waitrose, Asda, Ocado, Lidl, SPAR, Selfridges, McDonald’s, AMT Coffee, Gate Gourmet, Road Chef, Elior, Baxterstorey, Sodexo, Brakes, Merlin Entertainments Group, and British Airways are among the who’s who of buyers already pre-registered.
Over 350 leading exhibitors
Thanks to the addition of a new hall on the Upper Feature Level, the show will feature an unprecedented 350 exhibiting companies (up 25% for 2015) showcasing an eclectic mix of food, drink, packaging, catering equipment and technology.
New exhibitors for 2015 include Tetley, Twinings, Yoplait UK, graze, New York Bakery Company, Lucozade Ribena Suntory, Single Source, Country Choice, The Primal Pantry, Bizimply, WMF United Kingdom, James White Drinks, Rancilio Group, Candy Kittens, Fools & Queens puddings, Rejuvenation Water, the refinery, Gourmosa; NIX&KIX soft drinks, Just Bee Drinks, PACK’D frozen smoothie kits, and Overhang Drinks.
The full exhibitor list is available online at www.lunchshow.co.uk/exhibiting/exhibitor-list.
For the latest exhibitor news, please visit www.lunchshow.co.uk/exhibitor-press-releases.
Free Working lunch! Theatre
Some of the biggest names in food-to-go are now confirmed to speak at this year’s lunch! show. Full timings and seminar summaries are available at www.lunchshow.co.uk/visiting/working-lunch-theatre.
Thursday 24 September:
- The Lunch Market: Responding To Changes In Supply And Demand – Emma Read, director of marketing and business development, Horizons
- The Buying Masterclass: Top Tips For Food-To-Go Buyers – Guy Meakin, trading manager, food on the move, Marks & Spencer
- Indulgence Is The New Health – Helen Higgins, food ambassador, EAT.
- Coffee & Cocktails: Quantifying The Opportunity For Alcohol In Coffee Shops – Jamie Campbell, account director, CGA Peach
- What's Your 'Every Little Helps'? – Mark McCulloch, founder & CEO, WE ARE Spectacular.
- Bringing Potbelly To The UK – James Rushton, Potbelly Sandwich Shop
- Building A Brand On A Shoestring – Paul Ettinger, development director, Caffè Nero
- The lunch! HR Panel – chaired by Jim Winship, director, The British Sandwich Association. Featuring David Hindmarsh, head of people (retail), Greggs, and Susan Binnersley, director, h2h.
- The lunch! Travel Catering Panel: F&B To Go On The Go – chaired by Jeremy Clark, consultant, Onboard Hospitality. Featuring Amy Fry, commercial manager, EnRoute International, Caroline Thompson, director, Gastro Culinary Innovation, and Gail Yates, head of inflight services, Virgin Atlantic
Friday 25 September:
- Food-To-Go Around Europe – Jack MacIntyre, senior account manager, The NPD Group
- The Big lunch! Interview – Roger Whiteside, chief executive, Greggs
- The Mexican market and evolution of Tortilla – Richard Morris, managing director, Tortilla
- The Buying Masterclass: It’s Not Just The Spreadsheet That Matters – Sandy Anderson, senior buyer - food, Elior
- The Bread and Butter of Branding – Beth Taubner, founder, MercuryLab
- How To Design A Food-To-Go Empire - Afroditi Krassa, founder & creative director, AfroditiKrassa
- How To Get Ahead Without Advertising – Mark Palmer, group marketing director, Pret A Manger
- The lunch! State of Independents Panel – chaired by Clare Benfield, Editor, Café Culture Magazine. Featuring Frank Boltman (Trade), Richard Garcia (Cook & Garcia) and Henry Ayes (Gentleman Baristas / The Coffee House)
- Sustainability in Food-To-Go Panel – Chaired by Mark Lineham, managing director, The Sustainable Restaurant Association. Featuring Eddie Holmes, managing director, chop’d, and Sandy Gourlay, corporate responsibility manager, Costa.
New Menu Innovation Theatre (sponsored by Magrini)
Thursday 24 September:
- The Ultimate Tea Tasting Masterclass – Paul Jeffries, Master Tea Blender
- Café Society session: The Café Life Sandwich Challenge 2015 (3 categories), hosted by Gethin Evans, judged by Aldo Zilli
- The British Smoothie Championships Finals 2015 (sponsored by Magrini) – hosted by Chris Brazier, group event director, lunch!
- Café Society session: The Tetley Afternoon Tea Experience – hosted by Gethin Evans, judged by Aldo Zilli
- The Ultimate Sandwich Bar Masterclass – Frank Boltman & Alex Stone, Trade
Friday 25 September:
- The Ultimate Juice Bar Masterclass – Chris Fung, managing director, Crussh Juice Bars
- The Ultimate Coffee Shop Masterclass – The Gentleman Baristas (Henry C.A.W Ayres and Edward T.G.E Parkes)
- The lunch! Innovation Challenge LIVE 2015 (pitches & results) – hosted by Chris Brazier, group event director, lunch!
- The Street Kitchen Masterclass – Mark Jankel & Jun Tanaka, founders, The Street Kitchen
- The Ultimate Meat Free Masterclass – Jay Morjaria, founder & exec chef, The Sutra Kitchen
Full timings and seminar summaries are available at www.lunchshow.co.uk/visiting/menu-innovation-theatre.
The show’s free Working lunch! seminar sessions, Menu Innovation Theatre, Innovation Zone, Innovation Challenge Showcase, and Design Challenge Showcase are all located on the show’s Upper Feature Level.
lunch! is free to attend for pre-registered trade visitors and relevant press representatives only. Advance registration closes at 9am on Thursday 24 September (after which a £20 door charge may apply). To register for a free trade only pass, please visit www.lunchshow.co.uk and quote priority code PR1 (direct link: www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/Lunch.aspx?TrackingCode=PR1).
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Emma–Louise Jones, Head of PR
Editorial representatives of relevant trade and consumer media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes to lunch! via email to email@example.com before 9am on Thursday 24 September.
t: +44 (0)1273 645134
Group Event Director:
t: +44 (0)1273 645123
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Derek MacHale, Sales Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645137
lunch! won Best Trade Show at the Exhibition News Awards in February 2014 (it was also shortlisted for Best Trade Show and Best Trade Show Marketing Campaign in 2015). lunch! won Best Marketing Campaign of the Year in 2012 and was named Best UK Trade Show Exhibition under 2,000sqm for two years running in 2010 and 2011 at the Association of Event Organisers’ Excellence Awards.
High res images are available on request:
Diversified Communications UK (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, Leamington Spa, and Nailsworth, Glos. In addition to lunch!, Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Casual Dining; Natural Food Show at Natural & Organic Products Europe; Natural and Organic Awards; Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden (co-located with Natural Products Scandinavia); camexpo; Natural Products magazine; Natural Beauty Yearbook; office*; GEO Business; Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); OceanBuzz; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; SITS – The IT Service Management Show; ServiceDesk360; Euro Bus Expo; Coach and Bus Live; British Tourism & Travel Show – Best of Britain & Ireland; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; National Coach Tourism Awards; RouteONE magazine; CDC News; miniPLUS; CDC Coach Tourism Yearbook; and Coach Monthly. For more information, visit: divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face–to–face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.