lunch! show releases its first preview of new products for 2014
With exhibition space filling up fast for the biggest ever edition of lunch! – the UK’s premier trade event for the food-to-go sector, organiser Diversified Communications UK has released its first preview of some of the new products set to make their debut this year.
Returning to the Business Design Centre in London on 23-24 September, the multi-award winning show will feature 300 exhibiting companies showcasing a wealth of new food and drink products, packaging, equipment and technologies. Ten weeks out from the show, over 98% of available exhibition space is already sold out. Whilst visitor pre-registration is at record levels, with over 6,000 attendees expected.
New exhibitors for 2014 include Orchard House Foods, Coburg Coffee Company, Mexicana Cheese, Geeta's Foods, eco-friendly tableware supplier Little Cherry, Bib and Spoon (offering freshly made baby food to go), EPOSability, KMERA (creators of OOb – the first brand to provide pearl tea in a ready-to-go format in the UK); and Krüst Bakery – currently one of the only European suppliers that who can produce Krüst-Cronuts (its take on Dominique Ansel’s famous croissant-doughnut fusion, which took New York by storm last year) on a large scale. Already a big word-of-mouth success in Ireland, the Krüst-Cronut will be launching in the UK at lunch!.
eXpresso PLUS, a new on-the-go solution for retail outlets, will also making its show debut. Its range of drink dispense systems features leading hot beverage brands like Lavazza, Nescafe Milano, PG Tips, Cadbury, Clipper Teas and Twinnings Tea.
Another leading name confirming its presence at the show for the first time is Cuisine Solutions. Set to be a big draw for many lunch! visitors, the Sous Vide specialists (who have never exhibited at any UK show before) will be will be demonstrating how its ‘precise time and temperature technology’ can benefit lunchtime retailers. Usually the preserve of Michelin-starred restaurants, their solutions include a new 58 hour cooked medium rare beef.
“The outstanding reputation that lunch! has is amazing. Everyone we asked said it was ‘the best food-to-go show by far’, and if we were going to exhibit anywhere it had to be at lunch!,” says Jill Caseberry, co-founder of one of lunch!’s newest exhibitors Enhance Drinks. An innovative new British water-enhancing brand, the Enhance range includes Orange & Passion Fruit, Lemon & Lime, Strawberry & Kiwi, and Apple & Blackcurrant variants.
One of the keys to lunch!’s continuing success is its focus on promoting such innovations. The following is just a taste of some of the other new products being showcased at the event in September:
• The Snack Ham Company is launching SNACK HAM – a new meat snack made from 100% air dried pork ham. High in protein, and under 70 calories, it is available in Original and Chorizo flavours.
• Around Noon Sandwiches’ new launch is Artic Deli – a premium range of frozen, filled hot deli items (including croque monsieurs, paninis, wraps and burritos).
• Tri-Star Packaging’s new innovations include ‘curvy’ deli pots range Tri-Pot™ and Handle-It, an ingenious one-fingered drinks carrier designed by packaging designer Alison Bateman.
• GrantCaffè is introducing its premium range of Dutch artisan roasted coffee blends to the UK market. Fully-automated table-top bean-2-cup espresso machines, designed for smaller retail outlets, are also available.
• Tanpopo Japanese Foods has added several new additions to its range, including grilled Salmon and Miso Ramen Noodle Soup and, a new vegetarian option, Bamboo & Shitake Mushroom Tom Yum.
• Brighton-based Balcony Tea is bringing a taste of the Mediterranean to lunch!, with its new range of artisan teas and herbal infusions.
• Sansu (the first company in the world to create fruit drinks using raw Yuzu juice) is promoting its recently launched Yuzu drinks range; available in Yuzu & Strawberry, Yuzu & Pear and Yuzu & Blueberry.
• Coffee shop cake specialist Cakesmiths has unveiled its answer to the more traditional round cake – with the launch of TrayCAKEs. The range of deeper sponge based cakes, are pre-portioned and frozen to minimise waste.
• Sass is a feisty new addition to the UK’s drink market from start-up The Sassy Drinks Co. Made with a blend of pure apple, passion fruit, grape and blood orange juice combined with seven botanicals, it can be enjoyed alone or as a tropical mixer for cocktails.
• Fresh from a complete rebrand, lunch! visitors will be the first to see Tom’s Pies new look and individual Pie packaging. New products include Beef Madras Pie and a range of mini pies – available in Chicken & Herb, Steak & Ale, and Chicken & Ham.
• Glen Dimplex Professional Appliances will be demonstrating the latest in display refrigeration, with its new Lec Commercial bottle cooler range. The powerful Titan Commercial 6-burner range cooker, and Burco’s popular range of Auto-fill filtration boilers will also be on show.
Show features include the Working lunch! Keynote Theatre, Innovation Challenge Live, Innovation Challenge Showcase, and the British Smoothie Championships.
“Innovative, interesting and informative” – that’s what Mark Kent, buying & merchandising controller at Debenhams Foodservices, had to say about his visit to lunch! last year. “Put it in your diary! If you only visit one show, make sure its lunch! 2014.”
To register for a free trade pass, please visit www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/Lunch.aspx?TrackingCode=PR.
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Emma-Louise Jones, PR Manager
Editorial representatives of relevant trade and consumer media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes to lunch! via email to email@example.com (please note, additional details may be requested to verify journalistic activity and all press passes are issued at the management’s discretion).
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Chris Brazier, Group Event Manager
t: 44 (0)1273 645123 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
lunch! won Best Trade Show at the Exhibition News Awards in February 2014.
It was shortlisted for ‘Best UK Tradeshow Exhibition over 2,000sq.m’ and ‘‘Best Marketing Campaign of the Year’ by the Association of Event Organisers in its annual AEO Excellence Awards in July 2014.
lunch! won Best Marketing Campaign of the Year in 2012 and was named Best UK Trade Show Exhibition under 2,000sqm for two years running in 2010 and 2011 at the AEO Excellence Awards.
High res images are available on request.
Diversified Communications UK (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, Leamington Spa, and Nailsworth, Glos. In addition to lunch!, Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Casual Dining; Natural Food Show at Natural & Organic Products Europe; Natural and Organic Awards; Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden (co-located with Natural Products Scandinavia); camexpo; Natural Products magazine; Natural Beauty Yearbook; office*; Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); OceanBuzz; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference (in Philadelphia, USA); SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; ServiceDesk360; Euro Bus Expo; Coach and Bus Live; Best of Britain & Ireland; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; The National Coach Tourism Awards; Route One magazine; and Coach Monthly. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, eMedia, publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 800 staff, with divisions in the Eastern United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com
Separations charge: Please email all offers to the show’s marketing manager at email@example.com. Please do not phone.