Nordic Organic Food Fair 2015 opens in Malmö this weekend
Sweden’s Fabian Olli Johansson takes on Norway’s Sebastian Skauen Johnsen in the show’s new Nordic Organic Chef Competition
MalmöMässan, Sweden, will play host to the largest organic food and drink trade show for the Nordic region – Nordic Organic Food Fair, this weekend, on 1-2 November.
With consumer demand for organic products at an all-time high, thousands of key buyers, retailers, wholesalers, importers, distributors and food service professionals will gain an exclusive insight into new product innovations, market trends and best practices within the organic food and drink industry.
New for 2015, is the launch of the Nordic Organic Chef Competition, hosted by the Swedish organic chef association Föreningen Ekokockar (in association with KRAV Sweden and Menigo). Fabian Olli Johansson (Swedish Organic Chef of the Year 2015) and Norwegian chef Sebastian Skauen Johnsen will be putting their considerable talents to the test in a series of live cooking demonstrations, with the winner to be crowned the first ever Nordic Organic Chef of the Year (11.00-13.30 on Monday 1 November).
The dedicated Nordic Organic Chef Competition feature area has a full line-up of activities throughout the show, including sessions by renowned eco-chefs Ulrika Brydling and Erik Måneld, Christoffer Carlsmose from Menigo, and Erik Hjärtfors from Lövsjö Loghouse discussing sustainable interior design for the foodservice sector (all sessions, apart from the chef competition, will be in Swedish).
Menigo and Organic Sweden have also confirmed their full Organic programme for 2015, taking place on stand G10 throughout the two days (the majority of sessions will be hosted in Swedish). Speakers include Mikael Robertsson, CEO of Ekopallen and a driving force behind the development of Organic Sweden; Charlotte Bladh André head of Organic Sweden; Per Kølster, chairman of Organic Denmark; Laura Ullman from IFOAM EU; Johan Cejie, sales manager at KRAV Sweden; and food journalist Anders Ingvarsson, author of Makten över matkassen.
The Menigo/Organic Sweden programme also includes an expert-packed panel session ‘Med mål som verktyg’ discussing the aim and effect of setting targets for growing organic consumption within the public catering market. Chaired by Inger Källander, former chairman of Ekologiska Lantbrukarna, panellists include Sara Jervfors, municipality of Södertälje; Gunilla Andersson, Malmö City Project; Eva Fröman, Ekomatcentrum; and Christoffer Carlsmose from Menigo.
“The show is great to see what’s going on in the ‘organic world’ in and outside of Sweden,” says Christoffer Cedergren, chef at Four Service, Sweden.
“I have visited the show every year since its launch, and am always impressed by its broad mix of new and well-established exhibitors and comprehensive seminar program, which appeals to everyone interested in being updated about tomorrow's reality in a fast changing and growing market. I would strongly recommend visiting,” says Peter Svorono, managing director of BestCase AB (founder of Nature and a former MD of Life Sweden).
Nordic Organic Food Fair 2015 will feature new pavilions from Valencia, Belgium, and Greece – showcasing the finest organic food and drink these regions have to offer, and will welcome back returning pavilions from KRAV Sweden, Organic Denmark, Menigo & Organic Sweden, AMA – Bio From Austria, Soil Association, Andalucia, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Italy, and Biofood – Biolivs.
For further information, please visit the online show guide at nordicorganicexpo.com/showguide.
For the latest exhibitor news, please visit www.nordicorganicexpo.com/exhibitor-press-releases.
The Organic Theatre
Full timings and seminar summaries are available at www.nordicorganicexpo.com/the-food-drink-education-programme.
Sunday 1 November
- KRAV has recruited 750 professional kitchens to KRAV certification in one year. How did they do it? What is the effect on the market? Johan Cejie, sales manager, KRAV Sweden
- Building a cult to help change the world: John Schoolcraft, creative director, Oatly
- The answer lies in the soil: Craig Sams, organic pioneer, and Green & Black’s founder
- Organic development in Denmark and the organic archetypes for Denmark & Sweden: Helene Birk, international marketing director, Organic Denmark
- Bringing sustainability to the store – the importance for stores to connect to their customers: Matthias Lehner, PhD Lund University and member and former chairman of Ekolivs Co-operative in Malmö
- The Swedish organic market – one of the world’s most progressive: Cecilia Ryegård, editor and founder of Ekoweb
Monday 2 November
- It matters where the food comes from! Mimi Eriksson Dekker and Eva Fröman, EkoMatCentrum
- IFOAM EU panel: Transforming food & farming – what should the Nordic organic sector do to improve and expand organic? Featuring Marco Schlüter, director, IFOAM EU; Per Kølster, chairman Organic Denmark & deputy council member IFOAM EU; Charlotte Bladh André, head of Organic Sweden; Johan Cejie, sales manager, KRAV Sweden; Marja-Riitta Kottila, executive director, Pro Luomo Finland; and Maiken Pollestad Sele, senior advisor, Oikos – Organic Norway
- The future of food: tech or natural? Featuring Edward Boëthius, a trend analyst at United Minds; Annika Lindecrantz, editor in chief of Livsmedel i focus; and Charlotte Bladh André, head of Organic Sweden
- Netto – our organic journey: Thor Jørgensen, COO, Netto International
- Working together for growth, Lee Holdstock, trade relations manager, Soil Association Certification
Nordic Organic Food Fair is open from 10am-5pm on Sunday 1 November and Monday 2 November (last entry 4pm both days). To register for a free trade ticket, which includes access to Natural Products Scandinavia, please visit www.nordicorganicexpo.com and quote priority code NOFUK122 (direct link: www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/Nordic.aspx?TrackingCode=NOFUK122).
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Emma-Louise Jones, Head of PR
Editorial representatives of relevant trade and consumer media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note, additional details may be requested to verify journalistic activity and all press passes are issued at the management’s discretion).
t: +44 (0)1273 645134
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Anne Seeberg, Event Director
t: +44 (0)1273 645124
Eva Ellis, Sales Executive
t: +44 (0)1273 645141
Lars Larsson, Nordic Manager
Nordenskiöldsgatan 13, S - 211 19 Malmö, Sweden
t: +46 702 661170
In 2014, Nordic Organic Food Fair was shortlisted for Best Tradeshow Exhibition (UK & International) under 2,000sq.m at the UK’s Association of Event Organisers’ annual Excellence Awards. It was also a finalist in the Best International Launch category at the UK’s Exhibition News Awards.
In 2013, Natural Products Scandinavia won Best International Launch at the UK’s Exhibition News Awards. It was also finalist in the Best Trade Launch Show category at the UK’s Association of Event Organisers’ annual Excellence Awards.
High resolution photographs are available upon request:
Diversified Communications UK (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, and Nailsworth. Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden (co-located with Natural Products Scandinavia); Natural & Organic Products Europe (London); Natural & Organic Awards; Natural Products magazine; Natural Beauty Yearbook; camexpo; lunch!; Casual Dining; Commercial Kitchen; office*; Ocean Business; OceanBuzz; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; Capturing Reality; SITS – The IT Service Management Show; ServiceDesk360; Euro Bus Expo; Coach & Bus Live; British Tourism & Travel Show; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; The National Coach Tourism Awards; Route One magazine; and Coach Monthly. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.