office* 2015 opens at London’s Olympia next week
Over 4,000 PAs & executive support professionals expected to attend on 13–14 October
With the final preparations now well underway, this year’s office* show – kicking off at 9am on Tuesday 13 October at Olympia Central, London – looks set for another record turnout.
It’s the key event of the year for the UK’s PAs, EAs, VAs, and office managers to research new business suppliers, network with their peers, invest in their own professional development, and learn new specialisms. Over 4,000 attendees are expected over the two days.
As ever, the show’s 150-strong exhibitor line-up is comprehensively eclectic and filled with a who’s who of business to business suppliers – showcasing everything from corporate hospitality and travel, to office supplies and corporate gifts, and event management.
Show highlights from office* exhibitors are available to view at:
- New office products, business services and training: www.officeshow.co.uk/office-previews-new-products-business-services-training-for-2015
- New corporate hospitality, hotels, venues & business travel: www.officeshow.co.uk/office-exhibitor-show-highlights-2015-hotels-venues-business-travel
The full exhibitor list is available online at www.officeshow.co.uk/exhibitor-list.
For the latest exhibitor news, please visit www.officeshow.co.uk/exhibitor-press-releases.
Free Keynote Theatre
Full timings and seminar summaries for the two day Keynote programme are available at
Tuesday 13 October – National PA Day
- The PA Club champagne breakfast, with journalist and writer Bryony Gordon
- The challenge of admin professionals: how to grow recognition of the PA role – Amelia Walker, Editor, PA Life Panel Discussion
- The art of being brilliant: Darrell Woodman, Art of Brilliance
- Headline Keynote: Zelda La Grange, former PA to Nelson Mandela
- Executive PA magazine award winners Q&A
- Unleash your power to success: Miranda Brawn Esq
Wednesday 14 October
- What do VAs need to do to survive and thrive? VA day breakfast, sponsored by BeMyVA
- Developing your personal brand: Heather White, Smarter Networking
- Overcoming adversity – the story behind Gandys: Rob Forkan, Gandys & Orphans for Orphans
- Headline Keynote: Judith Croasdell, former PA to Professor Stephen Hawking
- The STARR Principle™: Tanya Mann Rennick, creator of the STARR Principle
- Never too late: Tess Alps, chief executive of Thinkbox
New office* Experts Theatre
The new office* Experts Theatre will feature free-to-attend tailored sessions for the unique roles of the office manager and virtual assistant. Speakers will tackle hot topics of the day providing an exceptional training platform created specifically for these job roles.
Tuesday 13 October – Office Manager Day
- The agile workplace: James Morton, managing director at MBM Omega, and Adrian Campbell, Head of workplace design for The Senator Group
- Tips for mastering the art of interviewing: Andrea Webb, people director at Morgan McKinley
- Creativity and problem solving in office management: Patrizia Sorgiovanni, IIR Management Development
- Facilities management – whose job is it anyway? Molly Hodges
Wednesday 14 October – Virtual Assistant Day
- The PA skills that can be transferred to a VA lifestyle: Amanda Johnson, VACT
- The telemarketing masterclass that turns you from virtual assistants into virtual assassins: Anthony Stears, Telephone Assassin
- VA of the year for England 2015, sponsored by BeMyVA
- How to build personal brand: Hannah Martin, Talented Ladies Club
- From PA to VA – the logistics of starting your own business: Michelle P. Smith, Value Add Business Solutions, (sponsored by PA Life)
Full timings and seminar summaries for the office* Experts Theatre sessions are available at
New for 2015, an exclusive series of speaker Q&As (featuring Judith Croasdell, Lindsay Taylor, Hannah Martin, Vickie Sokol Evans, and more) are available at www.officeshow.co.uk/category/qas.
National PA Day – Tuesday 13 October
Aside from the wealth of new business products, services and venues being unveiled at office* 2015, visitors to the show on opening day will be the first to see the results of the 5th annual National PA Survey, which provides a fascinating insight into the role of modern PAs. The winner of office*’s prestigious PA Contributor of the Year Award will also be announced.
“I would strongly advise anyone starting out as a PA to network, join a PA association, read PA publications, engage in social media and attend specific PA training and seminars like office*, where you can learn, be inspired, make valid business contacts and mingle with like-minded peers. I always feel motivated and recharged after office*,” says Jennifer Corcoran, office manager at Crédit Agricole, echoing the sentiments of many of office*’s repeat visitors.
office* 2015 returns to Olympia Central, London, on 13-14 October. Show features include the AIM Accredited Destination and Venue Pavilion, benefit Pamper Parlour, the Networking Hub, and the return of hot topic group discussions. Hot topic facilitators include Jennifer Corcoran, Elaine Jones (founder of the Oxford PA Network), Marion Lowrence (founder of The PA Hub), Sean Steel (executive PA to CEO – GB of Willis Group), Susan Moore (founder of Moore VA), Kathleen Drum (assistant to the chief of staff at Crossrail), and EA Marissa Irons.
Places at the hot topic group discussions are free and available on a first come, first served basis on the day. Topics for 2015 range from blogging, to confidence in the workplace, from motivation to building a virtual team.
The new office* show app for 2015 includes everything visitors will need to start planning their time at the show in advance: including a map to the venue, exhibitor details, floor plan, speaker details and seminar listings. To download the app, please follow this link: eventmobi.com/officeshow.
To register for a free entry ticket, please visit www.officeshow.co.uk and use priority code OFF702 (or www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/Office15.aspx?TrackingCode=OFF702). Entry to the Keynote Theatre and office* Expert Theatre is included with all tickets (spaces permitting).
office* opening times are 9am to 5pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, 13-14 October (last entry one hour before close).
Media enquiries & press pass requests:
Emma-Louise Jones, Head of PR
Editorial representatives of relevant business and consumer media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes to office* before 5pm on Monday 12 October. Please note, additional details may be requested to verify journalistic activity and all press passes are issued at the management’s discretion.
t: +44 (0)1273 645134 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharna Waid, PR Executive
t: +44 (0)1273 645144 e: email@example.com
office* exhibitor enquiries:
Sarah Cooper, Event Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645143 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
David Maguire, Group Event Director
t: +44 (0)1273 645127 e: email@example.com
office* won ‘Best PA Industry Event’ 2014 at pa-assist.com’s Members Voice Awards in 2014. office* was shortlisted for ‘Best UK Trade Show Exhibition (under 2,000m2)’ at the Association of Event Organisers (AEO) Excellence Awards in both 2013 and 2014.
High resolution imagery is available upon request:
Diversified Communications UK Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, Leamington Spa, and Nailsworth, Glos. Diversified UK’s event portfolio includes office*; Accountex; SITS – The IT Service Management Show; Casual Dining; lunch!; Commercial Kitchen; Natural & Organic Products Europe; Nordic Organic Food Fair and Natural Products Scandinavia in Malmö, Sweden; camexpo; Geo Business; Capturing Reality; Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; Euro Bus Expo; Coach and Bus Live; and British Travel & Tourism Show. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face–to–face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com