office* 2016 opens at London ExCeL this week
Over 4,000 PAs & executive support professionals expected to attend on 11-12 May
Thousands of PAs, EAs, VAs, office managers, and executive support professionals are preparing to visit office* at ExCeL London this week, for the UK’s biggest dedicated event for top-level office professionals.
The popular two day show, opening at the new venue of ExCeL London at 9am on 11 May (and closing at 5pm on Thursday 12 May), will bring together over 100 leading exhibitors and EAs, PAs, VAs, and office managers from major companies looking to meet new business suppliers, network with peers, invest in their own professional development, and learn new specialisms.
“office* is an excellent, inspirational and informative event: good networking, fantastic keynote speakers and seminars, and a good opportunity to meet new suppliers,” says Jacqueline Kershaw, assistant to commercial director and commercial team support officer at HS2 Limited.
“office is the hot date in any PA or EAs diary! A must-not-miss and essential one-stop-shop for networking, information, advice, support and professional development,” says Helen Rees, PA to chief executive at Marwell Wildlife.
Free Keynote Theatre
Full timings and seminar summaries for the two day Keynote programme are available at: www.officeshow.co.uk/venue/keynote-theatre.
Wednesday 11 May – National PA Day
- The PA Club champagne breakfast, with Caroline Beaton, Road Trip Media
- From battlefield to boardroom, the road to utopia: Jay Allen, My-TrueNORTH.
- The PA job title. What’s in a name? The PA Life Panel Debate hosted by Amelia Walker (Editor of PA Life): Janice Anderson (EA at Odgers Berndtson), Libby Moore (former chief of staff to Oprah Winfrey), Heather Baker (founder of Baker Thompson Associates), and Amy Marsden (EA at Earthport).
- Let go, and get into the flow: Libby Moore, former chief of staff to Oprah Winfrey
- How we did it – meet the founders of beauty start-up Prettly.com: The PA Club, and founders of Prettly.com
- Keeping a cool head – crisis management: Louise Hartley, Executive PA Magazine PA of the Year, and Kevin J Waters, EMC Event Courses
Thursday 12 May
- BeMyVA VA Breakfast: BeMyVA
- How to create impact each and every time: Nigel Risner
- Evolving leadership mindset – true value of extreme adventure: Ania Lichota, InsideOut
- Interview with former EA to Richard Branson Samantha Cox: hosted by Lucy Brazier, Executive Secretary Magazine
- 4 steps of personal branding: Bianca Miller – finalist in the BBC’s, The Apprentice
office* Theatre 4 – dedicated office manager and virtual assistant content
Theatre 4 will feature free-to-attend tailored sessions for the unique roles of the office manager and virtual assistant. Speakers will tackle hot topics of the day providing an exceptional training platform created specifically for these job roles.
Wednesday 11 May – Office Manager Day
- Make an impact as an office manager: Susan Heaton Wright, Executive Voice
- Who moved my chair? Facilities management for the office manager to create the best working environment: Alistair Craig, Anabas
- The office manager’s guide to political correctness at work: Anaabel Kaye, Irenicon
- How to create a successful health and wellbeing program: Ben Davies, Tailored Fit
Thursday 12 May – Virtual Assistant Day
- Starting out – get your VA business off the ground: sponsored by BeMyVA
- The 5 musts of successfully marketing your VA Business: Monica Abraham, Local Lion Marketing
- Integrating work & life: Amanda Johnson, The Virtual Assistant Coaching and Training Company
- Harnessing your hidden power: Alison Delaney, Little Bird – make the most of you
- The successful VA: Jennie Bayliss, Office Wings
Full timings and seminar summaries for the Theatre 4 are available at
Office Manager Day – www.officeshow.co.uk/venue/office-managers
Virtual Assistant Day – www.officeshow.co.uk/venue/virtual-assistant-day
100 leading B2B exhibitors
As ever, the show’s 100-strong exhibitor line-up is comprehensively eclectic and filled with a who’s who of business to business suppliers – showcasing everything from corporate hospitality and travel, to office supplies and corporate gifts, and event management; including Royal Ascot, Abel & Cole, Fortnum & Mason, Hand Picked Hotels, Go Ape!, Anabas, Benugo, Quills, London City Airport, Huntress, Prem Group, Thorntons, and House of Fraser Business, to name a few.
Show highlights from office* exhibitors are available to view at: www.officeshow.co.uk/office-previews-exhibitor-show-highlights-2016.
Hot Topic Discussions
Returning show features include the benefit Pamper Parlour, Networking Hub, and Hot Topic Discussions. Hot topic facilitators this year include Francisca Kozijn (office manager, and treasure of EUMA UK); Craig Bryson (EA to CEO at Bob & Co’s); Abigail Jones (EA at American Express Global Business Travel); Joanna Hart (EA at Earthport), Kerry Dawson (PA at Leeds Beckett University); Joanne Munro (founder of ‘The VA Handbook’), Esther Dawson (EA to CEO at Ridgeview Wine Estate, and co-founder of mid Sussex PA/EA/office managers networking group); and Leonnie Braker (EA to CEO of NSPCC).
Places at the hot topic group discussions are free and available on a first come, first served basis on the day. Topics for 2016 include business etiquette, transferable skills, networking, the gender gap, and personal development.
For further information and to register in advance, please visit, www.officeshow.co.uk and quote priority code DVIS14 (https://registration.n200.com/survey/3lzwzu5vhccmo?actioncode=DVIS14). Entry to the Keynote Theatre and office* Theatre 4 is included with all tickets (spaces permitting).
office* opening times are 9am to 5pm on Wednesday and Thursday, 11-12 May (last entry one hour before close).
Media enquiries and press pass requests:
Emma-Louise Jones, Head of PR
Editorial representatives of relevant media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes to office* via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
t: +44 (0)1273 645134
Sharna Waid, PR Executive
t: +44 (0)1273 645144
office* exhibitor enquiries:
Sarah Cooper, Event Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645143
David Maguire, Group Event Director
t: +44 (0)1273 645127
office* won ‘Best PA Industry Event’ 2014 at pa-assist.com’s Members Voice Awards in 2014. office* was shortlisted for ‘Best UK Trade Show Exhibition (under 2,000m2)’ at the Association of Event Organisers (AEO) Excellence Awards in both 2013 and 2014.
High resolution images are available upon request:
Diversified Communications UK Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, and Nailsworth. Diversified UK’s event portfolio includes office*; British Tourism & Travel Show; Accountex; SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; Casual Dining; lunch!; Commercial Kitchen; Natural & Organic Products Europe; Nordic Organic Food Fair and Natural Products Scandinavia in Malmö, Sweden; camexpo; Geo Business; Capturing Reality; Ocean Business; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; Euro Bus Expo; and Coach & Bus Live. For more information, visit:www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face–to–face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.