DreamHack PUBG Showdown Expands to Include Europe, North America and Latin America in Winter Finals
European Open Qualifiers to Begin November 30; Main Event to Begin December 7
Americas to Begin November 28 (LATAM) and December 2 (NA)
STOCKHOLM — ESL Gaming today announced another installation of the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) tournament DreamHack PUBG Showdown. The winter-edition tournament, which will feature a $45,000 prize pool, will once again be run as an all-online competition.
In addition to the European competition, the PUBG Showdown Winter will now expand into North America and Latin America, with $15,000 of the total prize pool being dedicated to the Americas.
“It feels great to announce another installment of our popular PUBG tournament,” said Mike Van Driel, SVP, Game Management at ESL Gaming. “This year's previous two tournaments have been really appreciated which makes it all the more exciting to end the year by expanding into two new regions with our biggest prize pool so far.”
DREAMHACK PUBG SHOWDOWN WINTER FINALS
- The tournament is open to all European teams.
- Open qualifiers will begin November 30
- Grand Final will begin on December 18
- The 16 top teams of the open qualifier will advance to Stage 1 of the main tournament
- Seven teams will advance to Stage 2, where they will be joined by 17 invited, top EU teams
- The 14 best-scoring teams in Stage 2 will continue to the Grand Finals ,where they will be joined by the two previous seasons winners
- The Grand Finals will feature a full best-of-18 over three days before ending with the ultimate chicken dinner on December 20
NORTH AMERICA/LATIN AMERICA FORMAT
The tournament is open to all North American (NA) and Latin American (LATAM) teams
- The tournament will begin with Round 1 (open qualifiers) for Latin America on November 28; Round 1 for North America on December 2
- The initial 64 teams of each region will, by the end of Round 2, have been reduced to eight teams that will qualify for the Main tournament
- The qualified teams will be joined by sixteen invited teams for each region during the Group Stage
- The Main Tournament starts with the Latin America Group Stage December 9-11; that will be followed by the North America Group Stage December 11-13
- The best six teams from Latin America, together with the top 10 teams from North America, will qualify for the NA/LATAM Grand Finals running December 18-20
ABOUT ESL GAMING
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.