Top flight Swedish footbacll clubs to compete in FIFA: Welcome to eAllsvenskan – part of the FIFA 19 Global Series
STOCKHOLM – Swedish Elite Football and DreamHack presents eAllsvenskan. As of March 1, 2019, and almost three months ahead, eAllsvenskan will be played as part of the FIFA 19 Global Series. Twelve Swedish elite clubs participate in eAllsvenskan which is also being broadcasted Discovery Networks Sweden’s streamingplatform Dplay and on Swedish tv channel, Kanal 9.
eAllsvenskan will be Sweden’s largest professional FIFA competition where participating players and teams competes not only for the title but also for FIFA 19 Global Series Ranking Points on the road to qualification for the 2019 FIFA eWorld Cup. Each of the clubs AIK, Djurgårdens IF, Hammarby IF, Örebro SK, Östersunds FK, GIF Sundsvall, Örgryte IS, BK Häcken, Helsingborg IF, Jönköping Södra IF, Malmö FF and AFC Eskilstuna competes with two to five professional FIFA players in all eleven league meetings and in the Finals. On May 25 a winner will be crowned in a big final.
eAllsvenskan will receive great media coverage. All matches will be shown on the streaming platform Dplay and selected matches will also be broadcasted on Kanal 9.
”It is time to take esports seriously and discover the possibilities of having a strong brand in this world as well. It is the right thing to do and I am happy that the clubs want to join in. It will be an exciting league to follow and I believe that eAllsvenskan can become something really big”, says Mats Enquist, Secretary General at Swedish Elite Football.
”We have a great opportunity to do something extraordinary with this and at the same time tie the esports with the real football once and for all and attract new target groups for each other. It will ultimately benefit everyone”, says Tomas Lyckedal, Chief Strategy Officer at DreamHack.
”Within less than a year we will hold the rights to Sweden’s best football league, Allsvenskan, and begin to broadcast this league, so we feel very inspired to also invest heavily in eAllsvenskan. Esports is one of the fastest growing sports in the world today. This venture together with SEF and Dreamhack feels incredibly cool”, says Hanif Hosseini, sports manager at Eurosport and Discovery Networks Sweden.
More news about eAllsvenskan will come within the next few weeks.
• The league is made up of twelve teams and each team plays eleven games. A game consists of two matches
• The winner of each game is the team that has the highest aggregate score of the two matches
• Each team is represented by two-five professional FIFA players and one (playing) coach
• The league will be played between March-May
• The eight best teams advance to the Grand Final Event on May 26
• The total prize pool is set at 500.000 SEK (EUR 50.000)
• The winning team becomes Swedish champions and will be rewarded with cash prize plus players can earn FIFA 19 Global Series Ranking Points on the road to qualification for the 2019 FIFA eWorld Cup
• eAllsvenskan will be played on EA SPORTS FIFA 19 on PlayStation 4
• eAllsvenskan is included in the FIFA 19 Global Series
• Esports is a name for competitions that are performed on computers or game consoles and is one of the fastest growing sports available.
• Only Super Bowl and the World Cup finals in football are expected to have more viewers than big esports events.
SWEDISH ELITE FOOTBALL
+46 705- 93 77 71
DISCOVERY NETWORKS SWEDEN
Head of Sports,
Eurosport och Discovery Networks Sweden
ABOUT SWEDISH ELITE FOOTBALL
Svensk Elitfotboll (Swedish Elite Football) is an interest organization for all the clubs in Allsvenskan and Superettan. The mission is to be a leader in the development of Swedish elite football at club at every level both on and off the pitch.