Fabege obtains top position in global sustainability ranking
GRESB (Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark) conducts an annual ranking of the real estate sector from a sustainability perspective. In this year’s real estate assessment, Fabege increased by 8 points and is now ranked highest in the Northern Europe office category.
The assessment covers a broad spectrum such as environmental aspects, social sustainability, governance and follow up. During the past year, Fabege has strengthened its position through improvements including with regard to risk management, certification of properties and reduced climate impact.
Fabege’s goal is to develop attractive city districts where there is potential for people and companies to perform well and feel good. With our long-term perspective and combined property holdings we can help make investments in the entire urban environment. This can involve all from improving the possibilities for public transport, making it easier for cyclists, encouraging a healthy lifestyle to creating safe street environments with green oases and an attractive range of services.
– I am extremely proud of the position we have obtained and the commitment our employees are making to ensure that we continually take some steps in the right direction. We know that our work creates value and favourable conditions both for our customers and other stakeholders, comments Mia Häggström, Head of Sustainability at Fabege.
Fabege has challenging targets in its role as a sustainable urban developer, including:
- Climate-neutral property management by 2030.
- Environmental certification of the entire property portfolio, today 83 per cent of the total area.
- Average energy consumption by 2023 shall amount to an average max of 80 kWh/sqm, today 98 kWh/sqm
- 100 per cent green financing, today 77 per cent.
Fabege AB (publ)
For further information, please contact:
Mia Häggström, Head of Sustainability, phone +46 8 555 148 54, +46 733 87 18 5
Fabege is a property company focusing on city district development and commercial properties. We develop attractive and sustainable districts with modern offices, housing and a broad range of services - together with strategic partners. Both our perspective and approach to ownership are long term and our passion is creating the right conditions for all those living, working and visiting our areas. We have a presence in a limited number of high-growth submarkets in the Stockholm region. Fabege’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, in the Large Cap segment. For more information, www.fabege.com