Passenger comfort and a unique Nordic experience are at the heart of the Finnair Airbus A350 XWB
Finnair's vision is to offer its customers a unique Nordic experience, and the new Airbus A350 XWB aircraft - which enters into service this month - enables Finnair to bring that vision to life.
"With the Finnair A350, we want to offer the best of Nordic hospitality," says Juha Järvinen, Chief Commercial Officer, Finnair.
"Our aim has been to consider every little detail, from the personalised service by our cabin crew to the details of the cabin design. The Finnair A350 experience is all about passenger comfort."
- When passengers board the plane, they are greeted by the sight of clouds drifting across a blue sky throughout the cabin.
- The award-winning cabin - created by top Finnish design firm dSign Vertti Kivi & Co - with its white, blue and silver/grey colours - has a fresh Nordic style that is light and spacious. The dynamic ambient mood LED lighting gradually changes to suit the time of day, destination or season to ease customers into a relaxing flight experience in a calming and fresh atmosphere. The lighting can create 24 different scenarios - including the Northern Lights - from a choice of over 16 million different colours. The cabin's large panoramic view windows allow more natural light into the cabin.
- The extra wide body of the A350 offers more space and wider seats for greater passenger comfort. The Finnair A350 XWB has 297 seats, 46 in Business class, 43 in Economy Comfort and 208 in Economy class. Business class seats convert to fully flat beds. Business class seats are arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, ensuring direct aisle access for all. Economy Class passengers sit on slim-line seats that have a 31-32 inch seat pitch, and Economy Comfort seats, located at the front of Economy Class, come with four extra inches of legroom. Seats in Economy class are arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration.
- The completely new state-of-the-art Nordic Sky seatback entertainment system has a wide selection of Hollywood blockbusters, classic movies and unique branded channels from the BBC, the National Geographic Channel and the Discovery Channel. The Peace of Mind Channel eases passengers into a calm and relaxing flight.
- Business class passengers, Finnair Plus Gold and Platinum members and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members enjoy full internet access free of charge, while Economy class passengers can purchase it either by the hour or for the duration of the flight.
- Finnair's A350 signature menu brings the glamour back to inflight dining. Kari Aihinen, Executive Chef de Cuisine of the renowned Savoy Restaurant in Helsinki, has designed the Business class menu which features delicacies such as vendace roe mousse, warm smoked arctic char and wild reindeer. Economy class has new and improved meals, and an aperitif service with savory snacks has been added to the first meal.
- The A350 signature drink, Blue Sky, is a mix of French champagne and Finnish blueberry liquor. The beverage pays homage to the pure Finnish nature and to Toulouse in France, which is the home of Airbus where the A350 was made.
- Tableware and textiles specifically designed by iconic Finnish design house Marimekko for Finnair add a distinct and light Nordic touch to the cabin.
- Passengers will benefit from noticeably cleaner and fresher cabin air thanks to the advanced air filtering system which changes the cabin air every 2-3 minutes. Draft-free air conditioning, adjustable temperature zones, and the cabin air pressure, which is closer to the sea level air pressure, adds to greater passenger well-being and comfort.
- In addition, passengers will also enjoy a quieter flight than on previous aircraft. New engines, created by Rolls Royce exclusively for Airbus, reduce noise both inside and outside the airplane, making it easier to rest onboard.
- Female passengers in Business class can take advantage of the dedicated Ladies' Room which is stocked with cosmetics and other supplies.
The first Finnair Airbus A350 XWB will enter into long-haul service on November 21, 2015 on Finnair's Helsinki-Shanghai route.
Finnair Media Desk, +358 9 818 4020, comms(a)finnair.com
Finnair A350 press kit: http://bit.ly/1P3m0UV
Finnair Gallery: http://gallery.finnair.com
Finnair on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Finnair
Finnair blogs: http://blogs.finnair.com
Finnair on Facebook: www.facebook.com/finnair
Finnair Group website: www.finnairgroup.com
Finnair flies between Asia, Europe and North America with an emphasis on fast connections via Helsinki, carrying more than nine million passengers annually and connecting 15 cities in Asia with more than 60 destinations in Europe. The airline, a pioneer in sustainable flying, is the European launch customer of the next-generation, eco-smart Airbus A350 XWB aircraft and is the first airline listed in the Leadership Index of the worldwide Carbon Disclosure Project. The only Nordic carrier with a 4-star Skytrax ranking, Finnair has also won the World Airline Award for Best Airline Northern Europe for the past six years running. Finnair is a member of oneworld, the alliance of the world's leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers.