The Apple Experience
Learn to Enrich Lives, Build Loyalty, and Reimagine Customer Service.
People come to the Apple Store for the experience and they are willing to pay a premium for that. — Ron Johnson, J.C Penney CEO, former head of Apple Retail
The Apple Store is the most profitable retailer on the planet. It boasts the highest revenue per square foot of any retail store including famous luxury brands such as Tiffany or Coach. The average Apple Store attracts more than 20,000 visitors a week and consistently earns accolades for its customer service. Apple accomplished all of this success in the span of a decade despite a flurry of critics who all but guaranteed its failure.
The Apple Experience is the first book to lift the curtain behind Apple’s stunning success in retail and to show anyone how to run any business the Apple way. This book is for anyone who has a business that deals with people. Sure, it includes retailers in any category. But it also includes small business owners, entrepreneurs, managers, CEOs, lawyers, accountants, doctors, sales professionals, department supervisors and anyone who sells a service or a product. It’s for anyone who is serious about reimagining the customer experience because, at its core, this book is not about Apple. It’s about the soul of Apple—its people.
International bestseller Carmine Gallo breaks down Apple’s customer-centric model to provide an action plan with three distinct areas of focus:
Inspire your internal customer (hiring, training, and motivating employees)
Serve your external customer (customer communications)
Set the stage (design and detail)
In The Apple Experience readers will learn to:
- Adopt Apple’s “5 Steps of Service.”
- Enrich lives to deepen emotional connections with your employees and customers.
- Hire, train and motivate people to develop rewarding, profitable, and lasting customer relationships.
- Develop “multitasking” skills to make every customer feel special.
- Reset your customers’ ‘internal clock’ so each customer feels as though they are being cared for and served promptly.
- Create wow moments that leave your customers in awe and ready to buy.
- Carry on more persuasive and inspiring conversations with employees and customers.
- Create a message map to clearly communicate the benefits behind your product.
- Design stores and products that appeal to the buying brain.