ICA Gruppen’s sustainability report for fourth quarter 2017
Driving For A Good Tomorrow with focus on health and climate is one of ICA Gruppen’s strategic priorities for 2018 that was set during the fourth quarter of 2017.
“We will further increase our efforts in 2018. Our strategic priorities for the year include driving For A Good Tomorrow with focus on health and climate. We will continue the work on lowering our own carbon footprint, not least through continued investments in renewable energy and a gradual changeover to refrigerants with a lower carbon footprint. We will also channel even more energy into inspiring our customers to make sustainable and healthy choices,” commented Per Strömberg, CEO of ICA Gruppen.
See the sustainability report for more information, including:
- ICA Gruppen’s greenhouse gas emissions continued to decrease during the quarter and have decreased by 52% since the base year 2006. The decrease is mainly attributable to energy efficiency improvements and a changeover to renewable fuels in the Swedish operations, and continued investments in renewable electricity in Rimi Baltic.
- Growth in sales of ecolabelled, organic and ethically labelled products in ICA Sweden’s central assortment during the period January–December 2017 (rolling 12 months) was 5%.
- In partnership with the foodtech company Urban Oasis, during the quarter ICA Sweden started a pilot project focusing on resource-efficient urban vegetable growing.
- Preparations ready for ICA Gruppen’s participation in projects to increase supplier and worker awareness about migrant workers’ rights and opportunities in Thailand.
- During the quarter Hemtex’s down purchases were certified according to the Responsible Down Standard.
For more information
ICA Gruppen press service, Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is a leading retail company with a focus on food and health. The Group includes ICA Sweden and Rimi Baltic which mainly conduct grocery retail, ICA Real Estate which owns and manages properties, ICA Bank which offers financial services and Apotek Hjärtat which conducts pharmacy operations. The Group also includes Hemtex. For more information see icagruppen.se