ICA Gruppen’s sustainability report for fourthquarter 2018
One of ICA Gruppen's strategic priorities for 2019 is to be a positive force in society with a focus on health and climate. With increased focus on inspiration and information, among other things through digital services, ICA works with customers and suppliers to reduce carbon footprint. This will not least affect the stores and the pharmacies' energy consumption and transports.
- In 2019 we will further intensify our efforts, not least in the areas of health and the environment, where we will continue to inspire our customers to make sustainable and healthy choices and drive toward our goal of being climate-neutral by 2020. Mitt klimatmål (“My climate target”) is now part of ICA Spara and there is a strong environmental focus in newly built stores as well as mutual work further down in the supply chain with our suppliers to reduce the carbon footprint. The entire market for renewable fuels is undergoing change, and we – and many others – need to adapt. As part of this work, during the first half of 2019 we will present a long-term fuel strategy, says Per Strömberg, CEO ICA Gruppen.
See the sustainability report for more information, including:
- ICA Gruppen´s target is to be climate-neutral by 2020. Compared with the base year 2006 our emissions have decreased overall by 61%. Looking at our performance in 2018, we note that the rate of decline slowed somewhat. This is partly as a result of an increase in transports and higher energy consumption followed by the record hot summer in Sweden that was communicated in previous report as well as decreased use of HVO biofuel for goods transports.
- ICA’s Entrepreneur Award – now with focus on health through one of the categories, “Health Entrepreneur of the Year”. Criteria for winning the award include that the nominee must have started a company that promotes and inspires good public health.
- ICA Gruppen is one of 31 employers in Sweden to participate in the government’s 100-klubben (“the 100 Club”) initiative, whose aim is to create jobs for new arrivals. After having exceeded the target ICA ramps up its ambitions for internships and employment for new arrivals.
- Starting with the first quarter 2019 the sustainability report will be included as part of our regular interim report.
For more information
ICA Gruppen press service, Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is a leading retail company with a focus on food and health. The Group includes ICA Sweden and Rimi Baltic which mainly conduct grocery retail, ICA Real Estate which owns and manages properties, ICA Bank which offers financial services and Apotek Hjärtat which conducts pharmacy operations. The Group also includes Hemtex. For more information see icagruppen.se