ICA Gruppen’s sustainability report for second quarter 2018
One of ICA Gruppen’s strategic priorities for 2018 is to drive For a Good Tomorrow with focus on health and the climate. In line with this, during the second quarter ICA launched the digital service Mitt klimatmål (“My climate target”).
180816 ICA Gruppen Sustainability Report Q2 2018“In May we published ICA’s future report. Among the more exciting conclusions is that demands for transparency and control will continue to grow. It is believed that conscious consumption will be an attribute that elevates our social status as individual consumers. This will require full insight into how products are produced, taking into taking into account factors such as carbon emissions, biodiversity, soil health, public health, social factors, fair pay structures and proactive work environments. For our part, we must continue to be open and clear, but we must also present information and data in a comprehensible manner. We took a big step in this direction during the spring through the launch of our digital service Mitt klimatmål (‘My climate target’), which allows our customers to see the carbon footprint of their own food consumption,” comments Per Strömberg, CEO of ICA Gruppen.
See the sustainability report for more information, including:
- ICA Gruppen’s greenhouse gas emissions continued to decrease during the quarter. Since the base year 2006, GHG emissions have decreased by 56%. The decrease is mainly attributable to lower energy and refrigerant emissions at Swedish ICA stores and a changeover to renewable fuels.
- Launch of Mitt klimatmål (“My climate target”), a digital tool that helps ICA Sweden’s customers reduce their carbon footprint.
- The 2018 Annual General Meeting adopted the Board’s proposed guidelines for remuneration of senior executives. The guidelines entail, among other things, that performance can also be measured according to non-financial targets, including ICA Gruppen’s climate targets.
- Continued work on reducing the amount of plastics. Among other things this includes intensive work on replacing fossil-based raw material in plastic packaging with fossil-free or recycled raw material.
- Start of ICA 50/50 Potentials. The aim is to motivate and spur development of young female leaders with potential to rise into higher positions.
For more information
ICA Gruppen press service, Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is a leading retail company with a focus on food and health. The Group includes ICA Sweden and Rimi Baltic which mainly conduct grocery retail, ICA Real Estate which owns and manages properties, ICA Bank which offers financial services and Apotek Hjärtat which conducts pharmacy operations. The Group also includes Hemtex. For more information see icagruppen.se