Increased focus on health
Today, ICA Gruppen presents its report on ICA’s sustainability activities for the third quarter of 2014. The report covers significant events and activities within environment, quality, ethical trade, health and social engagement.
“Health is an increasingly important issue for our customers. When we announced yesterday that we are acquiring the retail pharmacy Apotek Hjärtat, this should be seen in the light of ICA’s wish to strengthen the customer offering within health and wellness,” says Per Strömberg, CEO of ICA Gruppen.
“But ICA Gruppen also took many other initiatives focused on health in the third quarter. These included an expanded range of products adapted for allergy sufferers and several activities to encourage exercise and a healthy lifestyle. Since ICA was involved in the development of keyhole labelling, it is particularly pleasing that we are now first in the Baltic market to offer customers Keyhole labelled products,” says Strömberg.
Read more about the following:
- 700 school classes signed up for the Swedish “Buddy with your Body” campaign which ICA Sweden is arranging for the 14thconsecutive year.
- ICA Sweden continued to expand it range of products adapted for allergy sufferers and now has a total of more than 900 private label gluten- and lactose-free products in its central range.
- Rimi in Lithuania became the first Baltic retailer to launch Keyhole labelling of its products.
- ICA’s sales of organic products increased by 45% in Sweden during the third quarter compared with the same period in the previous year.
- By the end of the third quarter, 952 young people who had been unemployed for some time had been given traineeships through the “ICA 2020” project started by ICA Sweden and the ICA stores.
For further information, please contact
ICA Gruppen Press Office, telephone: +46 10 422 52 52
ICA Gruppen discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 08.00 CET on Thursday, 13 November 2014.
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is one of the Nordic region’s leading retail companies, with around 2,300 of its own and retailer-owned stores in Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The Group includes the retail companies ICA Sweden, ICA Norway and Rimi Baltic, ICA Real Estate, which owns and manages properties and ICA Bank, which offers financial services to Swedish customers. The Group also includes the wholly owned portfolio company inkClub and partly owned portfolio companies Cervera and Hemtex. For more information see icagruppen.se