Miss Group makes double acquisition and grows customer base across Sweden and Norway
Manchester-headquartered Miss Group has acquired FS Data and ISPHuset, adding 50,000 more customers to the Group, eight months after receiving investment from BGF.
FS Data is one of Sweden's largest and well-established providers of web hosting, servers, domain names and email. The business has been operating since 1997 and was one of the first companies to offer registration of .SE domains. ISPHuset is a Norwegian web hosting company and domain registrar specialising in domain names, hosted exchange, virtual and dedicated servers. The company has data centres in Drammen, Norway and Helsingborg in Sweden.
Founded by serial entrepreneur Mattias Kaneteg, Miss Group provides a range of services predominately to SMEs, including domain registration, site building, website hosting and email management.
Mattias Kaneteg CEO and founder of Miss Group said: “As we look to future growth, it’s an honour to welcome a business as well-established as FS Data, which celebrated 22 years in the industry just a couple of weeks ago.
“With these acquisitions we are well on our way to become the leader in the Scandinavian mass hosting market.”
Fredrik Sköld CEO and founder of FS Data said: “For my part, it’s been a fantastic journey, which started 22 years ago. To build a fantastic business from scratch and also to see the development of the internet since almost the very beginning. It will be very exciting to follow FS Data and all the other companies in the Miss Group journey”
In August 2018, Miss Group received a £6.4m investment from BGF to accelerate its international expansion strategy. The funding has allowed the business to build further scale through driving organic growth and acquiring web hosting companies in new and existing markets. Prior to BGF investment Miss Group have received funding from Harbert European Growth Capital.
Phil Male was appointed as Non-Executive Chair following an introduction by BGF. Phil is a former Chair of UK2 Group and previously served as Chief Strategy Officer at Cable & Wireless Worldwide and has successfully built and exited multiple businesses in the technology sector.
• BGF was set up in 2011 and has invested more than £1.9bn in over 270 companies, making it the most active investor in the UK and globally by number of transactions.
• On average, BGF invested in one company per week in 2018. In the past few weeks, BGF has backed:
• Dublin-based Winterbrook (family-owned residential house builder)
• Reading-based Invenio Business Solutions (business-focused technology solutions provider)
• Yorkshire-based Operam Education Group (education recruitment group)
• South West-headquartered Equilaw and Thomas Legal (property law firms)
• Manchester-based Planixs (high-growth FinTech company)
• Nottingham-based BioCity (the UK’s largest life science incubator)
• Cumbernauld-based Moulded Foams (the UK’s largest independent manufacturer of moulded foam products)
• BGF has £2.5bn to invest in UK SMEs and in Ireland, and an additional €250m to support Irish businesses. Earlier this year, Canada launched its equivalent – the Canadian Business Growth Fund – based on BGF’s funding model, and Australia is now actively exploring the approach as well.
• BGF is a minority, non-controlling equity partner with a patient outlook on investments, based on shared long-term goals with the management teams it backs.
Social media: @BGFinvestmentsMattias KanetegCEOmattias@missgroup.com
Founded in 2014, Miss Group is an International Web Hosting Group that offers a range of Hosting related services at favorable prices such as Web Hosting, Domain Registration, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Sitebuilder, SSL-Certificate, SEO Tools, Web Security and Domain Management. Miss Hosting is also an ICANN-accredited Domain Name registrar via NameISP. The company is headquartered in Manchester, UK.
Since its launch in 2014, the group has opened more than 130,000 accounts, established offices in Stockholm, Miami and Sofia and have also acquired two businesses in the UK and USA with the assistance of Manchester-based Corporate Financiers, Sedulo. Miss Group now employs more than 80 people globally and has developed a reputation for high quality