Interim report for the second quarter and first half of 2020Read original
Profitability continues to improve
“NCC is stable and has a strong order backlog and healthy cash flow. We are in a good position for the years ahead,” says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO of NCC.
- Improved operating profit for the quarter and first half-year
- Orders received at normal levels – comparison with 2019 is affected by several major orders worth in total SEK 3.4 billion in Denmark in the second quarter of 2019
- Year-on-year improvement in quarter and half-year in cash flow from operating activities
- No significant effects on ongoing projects from the Corona virus, more cautious letting market but with a slight recovery toward the end of the period
Second quarter 2020
- Orders received amounted to SEK 12,730 M (16,070)
- Net sales totaled SEK 14,431 M (14,610)
- Operating profit improved to SEK 483 M (411)
- Profit after financial items improved to SEK 463 M (380)
- Profit after tax improved to SEK 435 M (322)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 4.03 (2.85)
First half of 2020
- Orders received amounted to SEK 28,188 M (31,572)
- Net sales totaled SEK 26,197 M (26,044)
- Operating profit improved to SEK 414 M (59)
- Profit after financial items improved to SEK 373 M (9)
- Profit after tax improved to SEK 351 M (8)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 3.25 (-0.03)
Invitation to presentation of the Interim Report for the period January–June 2020
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and Chief Financial Officer Susanne Lithander will present the interim report by audiocast with integrated teleconference on July 17 at 9:00 a.m. (CEST). The presentation will be held in English.
Presentation material for the conference will be available at www.ncc.com/ir at around 8:00 a.m. (CEST).
Link to webcast:
To participate by phone:
To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference.
Sweden: +46 8 566 427 07
UK: +44 333 300 9272
US: +1 833 526 8383
For further information please contact
Susanne Lithander, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), +46 (0)73-037 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Corporate Relations, +46 (0)70-896 12 88
This is the type of information that NCC AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was issued for publication through the agency of the contact persons set out above on July 17, 2020, at 7:10 a.m. CEST.
About NCC. Our vision is to renew our industry and provide superior sustainable solutions. NCC is one of the leading companies in the Nordics within construction, infrastructure and property development, with sales of SEK approximately 57 billion and 15,500 employees in 2019. The NCC share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.