Swedbank's Annual General Meeting 2019
Today's Annual General Meeting adopted that there shall be ten board members and to elect Kerstin Hermansson and to re-elect Bodil Eriksson, Ulrika Francke, Mats Granryd, Lars Idermark, Bo Johansson, Anna Mossberg, Peter Norman, Siv Svensson and Magnus Uggla. The Annual General Meeting elected Lars Idermark as Chairman of the Board of Directors. The Annual General Meeting also adopted revised Articles of Association and PwC Sverige AB was elected as auditor for the period until the end of the 2023 Annual General Meeting.
The Annual General Meeting adopted the following fees:
• Chair of the Board of Directors to SEK 2 630 000 (SEK 2 540 000),
• Deputy Chair of the Board of Directors to SEK 885 000 (SEK 850 000) ,
• Other Board members to SEK 605 000 (SEK 570 000),
• Chair of the Board's Audit Committee to SEK 395 000 (SEK 360 000),
• Other members of the Board's Audit Committee to SEK 240 000 (SEK 232 500),
• Chair of the Board's Risk and Capital Committee to SEK 430 000 (SEK 410 000),
• Other members of the Board's Risk and Capital Committee to SEK 250 000 (SEK 230 000), and
• Chair and other members of the Board's Remuneration Committee to SEK 105 000 (SEK 102 500).
Auditor’s fee shall be payable by approved account.
Profit and loss account and balance sheet and dividend
The Annual General Meeting decided to adopt the profit and loss account and balance sheet of the bank and the consolidated profit and loss account and consolidated balance sheet for the financial year 2018.
The Annual General Meeting decided that the dividend for fiscal year 2018 distributed to shareholders shall be SEK 14,20 per ordinary share. The dividend cut-off date was set at 1 April 2019. Given the cut-off date, the dividend will be distributed by Euroclear on 4 April 2019.
In addition, the Annual General Meeting adopted the following:
• The members of the Board of Directors and the Chairman of the Board were granted discharge of liabilities. The CEO was not granted discharge of liability.
• Decision on principles on how the Nomination Committee shall be appointed.
• Decision on the guidelines for remuneration to top executives
• Decision to acquire own shares in accordance with the Securities Market Act
• Decision regarding authorization for the Board of Directors to decide on the acquisition of own shares in addition to acquisition in accordance with the Securities Market Act
• Decision on authorization for the Board of Directors to decide on the issuance of convertibles
• Approval of share-based remuneration program for 2019 for the Swedbank Group - partly a general 2019 program and partly an individual 2019 program - as well as a decision regarding the transfer of ordinary shares etc. under the 2019 programs and programs adopted by previous Annual General Meetings.
Lars Idermark’s and Anders Karlsson’s speeches to the Annual General Meeting will be available on Swedbank's website, www.swedbank.com.
For further information please contact:
Gabriel Francke Rodau, Group Head of Communications, tel. +46 8 585 921 07
Gregori Karamouzis, Head of Investor Relations, tel. + 46 727 40 63 38
Swedbank encourages a sound and sustainable financial situation for the many households and businesses. As a leading bank in the home markets of Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Swedbank offers a wide range of financial services and products. Swedbank has over 7 million retail customers and around 600 000 corporate customers and organisations with 186 branches in Sweden and 125 branches in the Baltic countries. The group is also present in other Nordic countries, the US and China. As of 31 December, 2018 the group had total assets of SEK 2 246 billion. Read more at www.swedbank.com