Swedbank’s Interim report for the first quarter 2021
Swedbank’s President and CEO Jens Henriksson comments: “Improved profitability in challenging times”.
First quarter 2021 compared with fourth quarter 2020
- Return on equity increased to 12.8 per cent
- Profit for the period increased by 10 per cent
- Net interest income and net commission income stable
with increased income from asset management
- Expenses according to plan
- Lower credit impairments
- Solid capital and liquidity buffers
1) Other income includes the items Net insurance, Share of profit or loss of associates and joint ventures and Other income from the Group income statement.
Annie Ho, Head of Investor Relations, +46 70 343 78 15
Unni Jerndal, Head of Group Press Office, +46 73 092 11 80
This announcement involves the disclosure of inside information
Swedbank AB (publ) is required to disclose this information pursuant to Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 on market abuse, the Swedish Securities Markets Act (2007:528), the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act (1991:980) and the regulatory framework of Nasdaq Stockholm. This information was sent to be published on April 27, 2021 at 07:00 CET.
Swedbank encourage a sound and sustainable financial situation for the many households and businesses. As a leading bank in the home markets of Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Swedbank offers a wide range of financial services and products. Swedbank has over 7 million retail customers and around 600 000 corporate customers and organisations with 159 branches in Sweden and 82 branches in the Baltic countries. The group is also present in other Nordic countries, the US and China. Read more at www.swedbank.com