Interim Report Third Quarter 2016
Stockholm - Tele2 AB, (Tele2), (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: TEL2 A and TEL2 B) today announced its consolidated results for the third quarter 2016.
“I am pleased with the underlying momentum and progress made in the quarter with excellent mobile contribution in all our major markets. Our Value Champion strategy, combined with a relentless focus on offering the best wireless technologies with a challenger cost structure, will lead us to sustainable value creation for our customers, employees and our shareholders.”
- Tele2 AB’s net sales in the third quarter amounted to SEK 6,961 (6,791) million and EBITDA amounted to SEK 1,562 (1,599) million
- Group mobile end-user service revenue up 6 percent
- Record mobile end-user service revenue in Sweden
- Netherlands mobile end-user service revenue up 15 percent
- Strong EBITDA contribution from Sweden, Baltics and Kazakhstan
- Net loss due to an impairment of goodwill in the Netherlands
Significant events after the quarter:
- Subject to approval by the Extraordinary general meeting, the Board of Directors of Tele2 has decided on an approximately SEK 3 billion rights issue supported by the main shareholder
- EU regulatory clearance of TDC acquisition
The third quarter report is available on www.tele2.com
Presentation Q3 2016 result
Tele2 will host a presentation with the possibility to join through a conference call, for the global financial community at 10:00 am CEST (09:00 am BST/04:00 am EDT) on Thursday, October 20, 2016. The presentation will be held in English and also made available as a webcast on Tele2’s website: www.tele2.com.
To ensure that you are connected to the conference call, please dial in a few minutes before the start of the conference call to register your attendance. Ask for Tele2 Q3 Interim Report 2016.
SE: +46 (0)8 5065 3937
UK: +44 (0)20 3427 1902
US: +1 212 444 0412
For more information, please contact:
Louise Tjeder, Head of Investor Relations, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 704 26 46 52
Angelica Gustafsson, Press Inquiries, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 704 26 41 42
This information is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the Head of Investor Relations set out above, at 07:00 CET on October 20, 2016
TELE2 IS ONE OF EUROPE'S FASTEST GROWING TELECOM OPERATORS, ALWAYS PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH WHAT THEY NEED FOR LESS. We have 17 million customers in 9 countries. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, content services and global IoT solutions. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm since 1996. In 2015, we had net sales of SEK 27 billion and reported an operating profit (EBITDA) of SEK 5.8 billion. For definitions of measures, please see the last page of the Annual report 2015.