Behind The Mystery: Rare and Genetic Diseases to Make TV Debut in November
The much anticipated series from the creators of The Balancing Act™ will debut on November 19, 2012 7:00am (ET/PT) on Lifetime
Pompano Beach, FL (November 12, 2012) Behind the Mystery: Rare and Genetic Diseases, the ground breaking series on The Balancing Act™ is proud to announce its official TV debut launch on November 19, 2012 7:00am (ET/PT) on Lifetime. Dedicated to educating the public about rare and genetic diseases and treatments, the series will provide support through collaborations in education with pharmaceutical companies, foundations and patient advocacy groups.
The Balancing Act™ has partnered with The Global Genes Project™ to further emphasize and expand the reach of Behind the Mystery: Rare and Genetic Diseases. To help create more awareness, and give patients and families a voice, The Balancing Act™ launched a website for Behind the Mystery. http://www.thebalancingact.com/rare/
Through years of dedication, outreach and research, the Global Genes Project™ discloses the shocking truth that
- Rare and genetic diseases affect 1 in 10 Americans and 350 million people globally.
- Over 7,000 distinct rare diseases exist and approximately 80 percent are caused by faulty genes.
- The National Institutes of Health estimates that 50% of people affected by rare diseases are children, making rare diseases one of the most deadly and debilitating for children worldwide.
- Collectively the rare disease community is larger than the AIDS and Cancer communities combined and only 15% of rare diseases have organizations or foundations providing support or driving research.
Behind the Mystery: Rare and Genetic Diseases will introduce the series with the following topics:
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Advocacy, Research & Education in the Rare and Genetic Disease Community
- Lysosomal Acid Lipase (LAL) Deficiency
- Hereditary Antithrombin Deficiency
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Understanding Airway Clearance Therapy & Independence
If you are a pharmaceutical company or foundation that would like to become involved with the project, please contact:
For more information on our project, mission and participants, visit http://www.thebalancingact.com/rare/
Amanda Dugan, Director of Public Relations
The Balancing Act
About The Balancing Act™ on Lifetime Television
The Balancing Act™, America’s premier morning show airs weekday mornings on Lifetime Television at 7:00am (ET/PT). These days the modern woman is trying to balance it all and the mission at The Balancing Act™ is to bring solutions to them to help them balance life, career, family and most importantly themselves. The Balancing Act™ is a Branded Entertainment show that entertains, educates and engages the viewer.
For more information please contact us at: The Balancing Act
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Watch us on YouTube