Year- end report January - December 2017
Execution of the new strategy continues according to plan. The Byggmax segment has come furthest, and execution of the strategic
initiatives has positively contributed to the Byggmax segment’s strong profitability improvement in 2017 (adjusted EBITDA margin
+0.7%-points. Skånska Byggvaror is in the middle of a transformation, and in the fourth quarter, the cost base is restructured.
Financial results for the fourth quarter are impacted by the execution of our strategic plan, a soft Nordic consumer market for building
materials affected by early autumn weather, and the weaker NOK. In the quarter, sales decreased 2.5 percent, affected negatively
by currency effects of -1.2%-points and the sales development in Skånska Byggvaror impacting -2.4%-points mainly due to
active decisions to reduce less profitable selling. EBITDA margin excluding non-recurring costs decreased 0.9 percent, significantly
negatively impacted by the weaker NOK.
The underlying Byggmax business developed positively in the quarter, with increased sales, increased market share, and increased
October 1 - December 31
• Net sales amounted to SEK 950.2 M ( 974.9 ), down 2.5 percent.
• Net sales for comparable stores decreased 1.9 percent (decreased 9.1).
• The gross margin was 31.1 percent (29.8).
• EBITDA amounted to SEK -1.9 M (94.1). EBITDA excluding non-recurring items amounted to SEK 22.1 M (30.9).
• The EBITDA margin was -0.2 percent (9.7). EBITDA margin excluding non-recurring items was 2.3 (3.2) percent.
• EBIT amounted to SEK -59.0 M (55.2).
• The profit after tax was SEK -58.3 M (56.8).
• Earnings per share totaled SEK -1.0 (0.9).
January 1 - December 31
• Net sales amounted to SEK 5,321.4 M (5,219.3), up 2.0 percent.
• Net sales for comparable stores decreased 0.1 percent (+0.8).
• The gross margin was 31.0 percent (30.6).
• EBITDA amounted to SEK 444.9 M (581.3). EBITDA excluding non-recurring items amounted to SEK 474.8 M (469.0).
• The EBITDA margin was 8.4 percent (11.1). EBITDA margin excluding non-recurring items was 8.9 (9.0) percent.
• EBIT amounted to SEK 271.9 M (391.8).
• The profit after tax was SEK 194.6 M (284,6).
• Earnings per share totaled SEK 3.2 (4.7).