Advania to further strengthen its Microsoft Dynamics capabilities with the acquisition of UK-based Azzure IT
With the acquisition of the Microsoft Dynamics specialist Azzure IT Limited (“Azzure IT”), Advania AB (“Advania”) will leverage the scale and experience from both companies to help clients transform how they work by unifying business processes and systems. The acquisition underpins Advania’s ambition to become the preferred IT-services provider in Northern Europe with a holistic offering to their existing and new customers.
Key transaction highlights
- Advania has completed the acquisition of Azzure IT Limited, from management and other shareholders.
- Advania, with a heritage dating back to its inception in Iceland in 1939, is a leading IT services provider in Northern Europe with operations in Sweden, Norway, UK, Iceland, Denmark and Finland.
- Azzure IT is a leading UK provider of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, with a strong customer base, and highly experienced management team in a fast-growing market.
- The transaction enables Advania to significantly increase its Microsoft Dynamics capabilities with a more agile and deeper offering to customers.
The combined group (the “Company”) aims to become the preferred IT services provider in Northern Europe. This combination, in the UK, allows Advania to offer more a specialised and broader services set and products to its existing customer base. Furthermore, Advania and Azzure IT will create a first-rate workplace for employees, allowing the exceptional talent from both companies to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and with a decentralised model close to customers in the UK market.
The acquisition establishes Content+Cloud (Advania UK) as one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics Business Central providers in the UK, alongside its leading Microsoft Cloud practices, including Modern Work, Azure, Cyber Security, Employee Experience (Viva & Fresh Intranet), PowerApps, and Teams voice solutions and services.
- There is no shortage of demand or opportunity in the Dynamics space today. The evolution of the Dynamics proposition has underpinned Azzure IT’s strong growth, supported by our incredible team of Dynamics professionals. Content+Cloud’s reputation in the Microsoft ecosystem in the UK is second to none and we are delighted to become part of it, says Craig Such, CEO of Azzure IT.
Azzure IT leverages the power of Dynamics Business Central and Dynamics 365 Sales (CRM) alongside its proprietary IP, including order processing, procure-to-pay, stock control and distribution, and time & billing solutions, to help its clients innovate and improve the way they work.
- We would like to welcome the whole of the Azzure IT team to Advania. Together with Azzure IT, we are able to truly lead across the whole of the Microsoft ecosystem. While Dynamics has always been an important part of our capabilities, we have now fundamentally changed the scale at which we can deliver and lead in Dynamics solution implementation, integration and IP development space, says Peter Sweetbaum, CEO of Content+Cloud (Advania UK).
Advania is a portfolio company of funds managed by the Private Equity team at Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
Content+Cloud Limited (Advania UK)
James Jackson, Metia
Phone: +44 (0)20 3100 3629
Mikael Noaksson, Group CEO Advania
Phone: +46 (0)76 140 00 80
About Advania AB (Group)
Advania is a Northern European IT-services company, with roots back to 1939, operating in Sweden, Norway, UK, Iceland, Finland and Denmark, with more than 3,700 employees. The company focuses on helping customers to improve their performance and be a partner in their digital journey, with innovative use of best available IT platforms and services. Advania serves thousands of corporate customers, multinational enterprises, governments and public institutions, large, small and medium-sized companies in all aspects of society. For further information, please visit www.advania.com
About Content+Cloud Limited (Advania UK)
Content+Cloud is the UK’s leading Microsoft-focused cloud services, digital transformation and managed services provider, with a passion for helping ambitious organisations and their people to succeed. With a strong focus on Microsoft solutions, the business boasts 4 MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals), 16 Microsoft Gold competencies, and is the only UK partner to have Advanced Specialisations in Intelligent Cloud (Azure), Modern Workplace and Security, and Business Applications. Content+Cloud’s offices are located in London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Reading, Cardiff and Cape Town, South Africa, together with 21 long-established partners around the world, enabling Content+Cloud to deliver a truly global service with 800 employees.
Content+Cloud was acquired by Advania in December 2021 and now forms Advania UK. For further information please visit www.contentandcloud.com
About Azzure IT Limited
Azzure IT is a leading Microsoft-focused Dynamics Business Central and Dynamics 365 Sales (CRM) provider based in Sheffield, which helps its clients transform how they work by unifying business processes and systems. With 60 Dynamics professionals and a history of successful solution development and implementation, Azzure IT is one of the larger Dynamics practices in the UK.
Azzure IT leverages Dynamics Business Central and Dynamics 365 Sales (CRM) alongside its proprietary IP including order processing, procure-to-pay, stock control and distribution, and time & billing solutions, to help its clients innovate and improve the way they work to deliver improved ways of working. For further information please visit www.azzure-it.com
About Goldman Sachs Asset Management Private Equity
Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the primary investing area within Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS), we deliver investment and advisory services for the world’s leading institutions, financial advisors and individuals, drawing from our deeply connected global network and tailored expert insights, across every region and market—overseeing more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision worldwide as of December 31, 2021. Driven by a passion for our clients’ performance, we seek to build long-term relationships based on conviction, sustainable outcomes, and shared success over time. Goldman Sachs Asset Management invests in the full spectrum of alternatives, including private equity, growth equity, private credit, real estate and infrastructure. Established in 1986, the Private Equity business within Goldman Sachs Asset Management has invested over $75 billion since inception. We combine our global network of relationships, our unique insight across markets, industries and regions, and the worldwide resources of Goldman Sachs to build businesses and accelerate value creation across our portfolios. For further information please visit: www.goldmansachs.com