Essity’s Annual General Meeting on April 2, 2020 – Special arrangements
The continued spread of the coronavirus remains difficult to assess with any certainty. Essity is carefully monitoring developments.
A priority for Essity is consideration for the company’s shareholders and for their opportunity to exercise their rights at the Annual General Meeting.
Medical experts advice in order to limit general risk of spread of infections: Avoid large gatherings. If you cannot avoid gatherings, try to minimize the time spent there. Wash your hands with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer and try to minimize your interactions with groups of people, for example, in connection with large shared meals. Avoid crowded places.
As a precautionary and risk-minimization measure for its shareholders, Essity has decided – in consultation with experts and in response to feedback from concerned shareholders – to implement special arrangements in conjunction with Essity’s Annual General Meeting on April 2, 2020.
The following changes will be made to the arrangements for Essity’s Annual General Meeting at 3:00 p.m. on April 2, 2020.
- Registration will not begin until 2:15 p.m.
- No food and beverages will be served and no products will be offered.
- The company’s CEO will not give his customary presentation at the Meeting. Instead, only a short speech will be given. A longer CEO speech will be published on the company’s website at about 3:00 p.m on the day of the Meeting.
- The number of people attending who are not shareholders will be limited.
- On entering the meeting venue, attendees will be able to disinfect their hands using hand sanitizer.
- The duration of the Meeting will be minimized without infringing on the rights of the shareholders.
Any shareholders displaying symptoms of illness, who have recently travelled to a risk area, or who are considered to be part of a risk group, are requested to refrain from attending the meeting, and to instead vote via proxy. Proxy forms are available on the company’s website www.essity.se. Please note that Essity is not permitted to gather powers of attorney and act as proxy.
For further information, please contact:
Per Lorentz, Vice President Corporate Communications, +46 8 788 52 51, firstname.lastname@example.org
Johan Karlsson, Vice President Investor Relations, +46 8 788 51 30, email@example.com
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company. We are dedicated to improving well-being through our products and services. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and other strong brands, such as JOBST, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Nosotras, Saba, Tempo, Vinda and Zewa. Essity has about 46,000 employees. Net sales in 2019 amounted to approximately SEK 129bn (EUR 12.2bn). The company’s headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and Essity is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Essity breaks barriers to well-being and contributes to a healthy, sustainable and circular society. More information at www.essity.com.