Getinge publishes Interim Report for January-March 2018
“We see high organic growth in the first quarter”, says Mattias Perjos, President & CEO of Getinge. “Increased operating expenses adversely impacted earnings. The work on reducing our total costs to a lower level in relation to sales, while maintaining the positive trend in sales and deliveries, will intensify.”
Organic sales increased by more than 5% during the quarter. The growth is on a broad front, with the two largest business areas reporting more than 6% organic sales growth. The performance was particularly favorable in Americas and APAC, especially in emerging markets. Operating profit was adversely impacted by higher costs in R&D, quality and sales, as well as currency effects and continuing costs from the distribution of Arjo.
January – March 2018 in brief
- Order intake increased organically by 3.1%
- Net sales increased organically by 5.4%
- Adjusted EBITA amounted to SEK 301 M (485)
- Adjusted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.46 (1.02)
- Operating profit (EBIT) amounted to SEK -161 M (302), currency effects had a negative impact of SEK -115 M on EBIT
- Provision of SEK 350 M for ongoing investigations in Brazil
- Paul Marcun appointed President of the Surgical Workflows business area and will take office not later than July 1, 2018
- Life Science is reported as a new business area from January 1, 2018
Fund managers, analysts and the media are invited to participate in a conference call on April 26th at 12:30 CET hosted by Mattias Perjos, President & CEO, and Lars Sandström, CFO. Please find dial in details to join the conference call here.
For more information, please contact
Head of Investor Relations
Phone: +46 (0)10 335 0043
Jeanette Hedén Carlsson
Executive Vice President Communications & Brand Management
Phone: +46 (0)10 335 1003
This information is such that Getinge AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on April 26, 2018, at 10:30 a.m. CET.
Getinge is a global provider of innovative solutions for operating rooms, intensive care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Based on our firsthand experience and close partnerships with clinical experts, healthcare professionals and medtech specialists, we are improving the everyday life for people - today and tomorrow.