KappAhl enters as national partner for Eurovision 2016
KappAhl will be a national partner when the Eurovision Song Contest festivities come to Sweden for the finals on May 14th.
– We will do our utmost to contribute to the folk festival that the Eurovision Song Contest is, says KappAhl's Vice President Marketing Joakim Holmstrand.
KappAhl will participate in the festivities before and during the Eurovision Song Contest, the world's largest music festival that unites Europe, with numerous activities.
- Ahead of the competition various Eurovision celebrities will appear on KappAhl's Web TV, "Backstage by KappAhl" that begins broadcasting on 5 May. There will be talks about memories and pop-experiences with artists like the Herrey brothers, Sanna Nielsen and Shirley Clamp, and material from behind the scenes of Europe's largest TV production.
- 18,000 KappAhl hangers in the pink Eurovision colour will be distributed during the week of the festivities in Stockholm. These will be used by the contestant delegations and for activities surrounding the event, such as on the official party place for the accredited and Eurovision members close to the Royal Castle.
- In the Eurovision Village, Kungsträgården, visitors to KappAhl's tent will be able to make their own Eurovision film, take selfies with a Eurovision touch and compete for tickets to the Eurovision finals.
- KappAhl's stores will be offering a specially designed party dress collection, Eurovision inspiration and competitions. On kappahl.com there will be possibilities to win tickets for the Eurovision final and other great prizes as well as getting information and inspiration on this year's Eurovision Song Contest party.
For more information
Joakim Holmstrand, Vice President Marketing. Tel +46 705 908 419.
Charlotte Högberg, Head Corporate Communications. Tel. +46 704 715 631, email@example.com.
The Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) is the world's largest entertainment show and is organized by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). The first Eurovision Song Contest was broadcasted May 24, 1956 from Lugano in Switzerland with seven participating countries. After that, the competition has been produced each year and currently has 51 member countries.
KappAhl was founded in Gothenburg in 1953 and is a leading fashion chain in the Nordic region with close to 380 stores in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Poland. Our business idea is to offer value-for-money fashion of our own design to the woman in the prime of life and her family. Sustainability-labeled fashion accounts for roughly one quarter of the range. Sales for 2014/2015 totaled SEK 4.6 billion and the company has approx. 4,000 employees in eight countries. KappAhl is quoted on Nasdaq Stockholm. More information is available at www.kappahl.com