Nordnet’s Interim Report January-June 2019
Today Nordnet publishes its Interim Report for January-June 2019. The full report is available at nordnetab.com.
- The second quarter of 2019 was a good period in Nordnet’s history. From a financial perspective, we can report good cost control and increasing income. Customer growth remains high and the savings capital reached a new record of SEK 354 billion, says Anders Danielsson, acting CEO at Nordnet.
- For some time, we have designed and developed the next generation web service for Nordic savers, with Norway as the first market where we launch. With the new platform, we have taken a major step towards our vision to make our customers the best investors they can be. In addition, we have successfully integrated Netfonds operations with Nordnet’s, improved our offering to entrepreneurs and implemented several functions for sustainable savings, says Anders Danielsson, acting CEO at Nordnet.
Highlights during the quarter
- Next generation web service for savers launched in Norway
- Higher income and cost control provide strongly improved operating profit
- Over 850,000 customers and SEK 350 billion in savings capital
- Functions for sustainable savings implemented
- Lars-Åke Norling appointed new CEO, taking office on 1 September
Financial results in brief, April-June 2019
- Operating income increased by 17 percent, amounting to SEK 371.2 million (316.6)
- Operating profit increased by 180 percent to SEK 82.1 million (29.4)
- Profit after tax rose by 175 percent to SEK 73.4 million (26.7)
- The number of new customers increased by 60,000 during the quarter
- Net savings amounted to SEK 2.4 billion (5.6)
Financial results in brief, January-June 2019
- Operating income increased by 18 percent, amounting to SEK 773.7 million (657.5)
- Operating profit increased by 196 percent to SEK 211.1 million (71.3)
- Profit after tax for rose by 237 percent to SEK 192.4 million (57.0)
- The number of new customers increased by 19 percent to 854,800 (718,000)
- Net savings amounted to SEK 9.4 billion (17.2)
For more information, please contact:
Johan Tidestad, Head of Communications
+46 708 875 775, firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is information that Nordnet AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.00 a.m. CET on 24 July 2019.
Nordnet is a digital bank for savings and investments and we operate in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. With user-friendliness, availability, a broad offering and low prices, we give our customers the opportunity to achieve their savings ambitions. Visit us at www.nordnetab.com, www.nordnet.se, www.nordnet.no, www.nordnet.dk or www.nordnet.fi.