Recent research* from online dating review service DatingRating.co.uk has revealed that 14% of people have used a dating site to find love and friendship, with nearly of third of these (29%) going on to find a long term partner.
The study – which was carried out to coincide with the launch of DatingRating – also revealed that:
· 29% of people who use, or have used a dating website are in the 40-49 age band, more than twice the amount of people in the 30-39 age band (14%) ;
· twice as many women have used a dating site (23%) compared to men (11%);
· 100% of the female respondents use or have used one dating site, compared to 75% of men who are or have been members of two dating websites;
· 25% of males belong or have belonged to three dating websites at the same time;
· 29% of both males and females have been a member of a dating website for three months while 43% have been a member for a year or longer;
· 29% said they found a long term partner through a dating...